Alright, so first off I'm new here. I've been on forums before -- so if ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vindicatedx2x no está en línea Stack level 2

New Here -- Little Help

Advertisement

Alright, so first off I'm new here. I've been on forums before -- so if I'm posting in the wrong section, please forgive me.

Also, I am new to BB. I jsut got my first one today. Cingular ended up screwing me over in the past, so they gave me the 8310 for a really nice discount -- I couldn't say no.

However, after the past few hours -- I want to chuck it out the window! My night started off with the fact the end of the USB chord fell less than a foot and chipped the screen (it was a very small fall, and just a light USB chord -- has there been problems with this?). I hope you guys can make me feel better about my phone! However, there are some software questions..

1) How much space is on here? I tried loading ONE 4 MB song and it said there wasn't enough space on the phone. I'm sorry -- what?

2) Is there a way to set it up to where I don't have to scroll completely down? For example, on a long list that I want to get to the bottom -- can I make it to just scroll up so it goes right to the bottom?

3) Is there a way to do personal push email? I went online to set up my yahoo email, and on the blackberry site it recognizes it.. but when I go into the setup wizard it only gives me the enterprise option? And it didn't forward the emails to my phone..

4) Is there a way to shortcut to text message? I set the side button, but it just takes me to texts, then I gotta open it and scroll down. Is there a way to take me to a new text?

5) I haven't done so yet, because the space is full -- but can you set loaded Mp3s as ringtones? Also, how do you set certain tones for text messages? I only see the option to apply them as a ringtone for the phone itself..

5) Can someone point me in the direction of the forum that tells me how to delete locked ringtones and images?

Thanks for any and all help. Man, don't you guys hate being a n00b?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: New Here -- Little Help

1. There is a size limit loading to the Device memory. 2.5mb get and SD card or you will run into memory issues

2. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...cuts_list.html

3. You need to setup your BIS(blackberry internet service) look here #13 AT&T link.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

4. Use the compose icon

5. See here again http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

6. Again just get and SD card, you will eventually run into memory issues.

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5

I don't know about other providers but my 8310 from T Mobile came with a 1 Gig memory card in it. Could it be you are trying to save songs to the 'Device Memory' rather than the memory card (if your phone has one)?

Nah -- it's the phones memory, not a memory card.

But -- I will be investing in one. Is there a limit the BB can take? I was gonna get a 4 GB.

Also -- I did the service books thing, but its still not letting me compose emails. I did it with the blackberry as w ell.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I use a 4 gig in my 8300 and it works great. as for the email issue, do you have a Blackberry Data Plan?

jasonhuff no está en línea Stack level 1

4gb...wow I thought the most was 2gb. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic View Post
    as for the email issue, do you have a Blackberry Data Plan?
    I just have the same plan I had when I had my previous phones -- unlimited texting, I believe.

thekoolninja no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you will need to get a BIS (blackberry internet service) this will allow you to set u¶ your email. The plan is $30 for unlimited data and $50 if you want unlimited text and data. Hope this helped

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

without a bb data plan you can't get email. call up or go to a store and have them add it to your account, then you'll be able to get email and go on the intenet.

oh and a 4g card is max right now. the 4.3 os is supposed to up that to a 8g, but we'll see.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

4 GB card will work great. Make sure you follow RD's links and set up your phone to optimize the device memory and storage once you get your Micro SD card.

You'll have no problem setting up songs as ringtones once they're on the card.

Welcome to the Stacks, you came to the right place.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Is there a separate thread just for maximizing storage?

And I have unlimited picture messaging -- but my phone won't send them, whether its to 1 person or multiple. Does this have to do with device memory too? Sometimes it will show it as not going through (red X) and others will just show a clock or a "dart-board" like target. Whats going on with that?

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Hi, welcome to PinStack!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~To use texting you need to have the service books sent to your device to enable those features.

But that's impossible -- because the first day I sent 2 pictures and received one. Since then, however, it has stopped.

Does anyone know if they are going to come out with a firmware upgrade that would allow 6gb cards (63 bucks on amazon!) to be in the bb's, or does that require a new phone?

Hey guys -- back again to bump it up (I've been on other forums and on some of them they were against double posting, but I didn't know if it would be here, so I apologize if it is)

But I was going to purchase the 6 GB card, but then a friend said a firmware update wouldn't allow me to use it, and to just get the 4 gb. Is this true?