Ok, so I needed a new face for my BB. I purchased one from CellularDr. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jsmall88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240C4EFE

Lightbulb New Face 8300 faceplate

Advertisement

Ok, so I needed a new face for my BB. I purchased one from CellularDr. and come to find out the mounting holes are smaller than the ones originally on my BB. I have left them a voicemail and an email already. Doesnt seem like a big deal until you try and find screws that small!! Any ideas where I can pick some up? Thanks in advance.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    you just need a little larger holes in the face plate right, to allow the screws clearance to go thru and screw back into its original holes? why not just go to the hardware store and buy that size drill bit and take a small pistol drill and drill out the holes a little in the new faceplate?

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mostly because large drill and small thin expensive plastic don't play nice
    Are we talking about diameter? If so, and the size difference is small, let the screw enlarge the hole
    If your issue is the length your going to have to get new screws

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    The tip of a sharp knife should suffice in reeming the screw hole out. Just twist the knife tip in a circular motion on the front of the hole, flip and do the same on the back. Repeat until you reach the desired size.

PIN/ID
    240C4EFE
    The brass inserts in the new faceplate. (threaded brass inserts) for the screws to thread into are smaller and the screws i have that were originally installed will not fit. does that make any sense?

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by WuTangPearl View Post
    Mostly because large drill and small thin expensive plastic don't play nice
    Are we talking about diameter? If so, and the size difference is small, let the screw enlarge the hole
    If your issue is the length your going to have to get new screws
    Im not talking about a large drill, a small drill and 1/16" bit. for that matter if he wanted to he could heat up a needle and ream out the hole. the size difference cant be but a few thousandths of an inch. also I dont think the issue is length, that would mean the new faceplate is thicker and if that were the case it would not fit properly. best bet is what you said, use the original screws as self tapping, and make the new hole fit them.

PIN/ID
    240C4EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)I would use the needle method but there are brass inserts in there. I don't think they make a tap that small.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think you should go to your carrier, buy another phone at retail, borrow their screws for your phone, return the phone claiming you don't like it and/or your family member doesn't like it and keep the screw(s) forever. Hehe, but I never said that.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmall88 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)I would use the needle method but there are brass inserts in there. I don't think they make a tap that small.
    that is strange. it should have been made with clearance holes in the new faceplate and brass inserts in the device part. dont know, it will be hard to find screws with the correct tpi (threads per inch), and diameter if all you have is a threaded hole to go by. sorry I couldnt be of more help

PIN/ID
    240C4EFE
    Dang, and just after I won my nice new pinstack/case-mate case. I berry is still gonna be scarred.

Omg! I just totally thought of something that may help you out. Have you tried buying a eyeglass repair kit? Perhaps the screws in there will fit?

If those don't fit, you may want to buy a really cheap pair of shades. The part where shades and the thingy that goes behind your ears are attached by small screws. See if those are small enough to secure your housing. That's just another suggestion though. I don't know if they are that small, but I know they are small enough.

Another suggestion I have is to take apart an old cell phone, if you happen to have one. They generally all have small screws in them. If you are not using the old cell phone (which of course is not going to be a bb), you could just use the screws for your current bb.