Hello all, I recently bought a Blackberry Cruve 8330 from Bell in Canada. I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Fahmain no está en línea Stack level 1

New CURVE!!! YAY!

Advertisement

Hello all,

I recently bought a Blackberry Cruve 8330 from Bell in Canada.

I have been reading lots of stuff on this forum, and I am alittle confused. I am new to the blackberry.. and so far I love it.

My current OS is V4.3.0.124 Platfom 3.1.0.71

Reading some posts, it seems that people have a 4.5 version for their blackberry.

I need some help. I have the newest version of Desktop Manager I believe 4.6

Where do I get the newest OS 4.5 for the Curve 8330?

I read on how to load the software. Using DM, and deleting that one file in C:

I am just a little scared of upgrading the OS, I don't want to fry it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack, Fahmain!

May I suggest you familiarize yourself with your device for a couple of months before you attempt to upgrade your OS? I think that's the best course of action for you at this point, especially since you have the 8330 with v4.3 which is really only short a couple of upgrades from the 4.5 series OS.

Get to know your device and your way around PinStack and then when you feel more comfortable, we'll help you through the upgrade. Most carriers are supposed to be coming out with their official 4.5 OS releases here in the next few weeks, so perhaps at that time we can work with you on the upgrade.

Please read through this thread to familiarize yourself with PinStack and again, welcome to BlackBerry and PinStack!

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Welcome to PinStack, Fahmain!

May I suggest you familiarize yourself with your device for a couple of months before you attempt to upgrade your OS? I think that's the best course of action for you at this point, especially since you have the 8330 with v4.3 which is really only short a couple of upgrades from the 4.5 series OS.

Get to know your device and your way around PinStack and then when you feel more comfortable, we'll help you through the upgrade. Most carriers are supposed to be coming out with their official 4.5 OS releases here in the next few weeks, so perhaps at that time we can work with you on the upgrade.

Please read through this thread to familiarize yourself with PinStack and again, welcome to BlackBerry and PinStack!

Roger

Awesome, Yeah I think I am still too new to the BB to be fooling around with it's OS. However, it is an awesome piece of hardware. No wonder people call it a Crackberry!

Great site too. Lots of sweet addons and tutorials.

Thanks for the help.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Welcome to Pinstack.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    welcome to the stacks...if u need help, just holla...were here for help...

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You can get official 8330 CDMA OS 4.5.0.56

HERE

dem125 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30270A75
    welcome b.b world.dude...i just got mine yesterday thru bell as well...

tuteblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A972A9
    Welcome to the stacks....

Quote Originally Posted by dem125 View Post
    welcome b.b world.dude...i just got mine yesterday thru bell as well...

Right on. This is a good site, it has alot of great wallpaper and themes along with apps.

dem125 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30270A75
    ya man luving it...hey what data plan did u get

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mendez777 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You can get official 8330 CDMA OS 4.5.0.56

HERE
    Mendez, You've posted the 4.5 Desktop Manager software download site - NOT the OS for the 8330. I don't believe there's an OFFICIAL 4.5 out for the 8330 yet. Shouldn't be too long though - by the time you're ready it'll probably be released. Keep checking here for it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by dem125 View Post
    ya man luving it...hey what data plan did u get
    Unlimited data plan.

@ Blackfish,

I noticed that too. I didn't download it.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahmain View Post
    Unlimited data plan.

@ Blackfish,

I noticed that too. I didn't download it.
    Fahman, there's an address in my post where you can check for the OS for all devices: "...see "here" in the last sentence.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    [FONT=Verdana]I myself would personally wait about 30 days before I went and started playing around with the operating system.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]My reason is behind this is because you're not necessarily familiar with the device itself and I don't mean the operating system but I mean the actual hardware. You don't really know if there’s an issue with the any of the internal features and by updating the O/S to a beta release you may begin to think that the issues are with the beta version of the O/S and it may be really something internally with the phone itself. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]And again to mention that it is currently in beta there’s been a lot of known bugs that have been publically stated, and if you’ve read that one 4.5 post on the main page of pinstack.com it’s also been said that the majority of carriers will release their official version of 4.5 within this month.[/FONT]