Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Originally Posted by Dream Rider I manually deleted the files for ptt using info from ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: new curve OS from vodafone v4.2.2.265/4.2.2.146

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Rider
    I manually deleted the files for ptt using info from the other bb forum prior to the install. I did not use the modified alx file for this OS install.

These are the files
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    KnJCDE.cod
    located in
    program files, common files, research in motion, shared, loader files, 8300v4, then java.
    This is the way I used and if you have already done the OS install will probably be the easiest.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Mako5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by liltiki
    Mako5 - was the alx file that gave you the 200 error modified by you or was it the pre-modified one accesable for download - just wondering if this means do not install with the alx files we've been useing to get rid of ptt and unlock themes. Has anyone succesfully used this new OS with a modified alx file?

I was wondering if it's safer to just not used a modded alx file until after the install with this particular OS.
    I used the pre-modified one from a downloaded file called "no_ptt_all_themes.zip". For me the Platform.ALX crashed the install. Took a few iterations to figure that out.

Dreamrider do I just delete the files you listed? That seems to be too easy!

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mako5
    Dreamrider do I just delete the files you listed? That seems to be too easy!
    Yes, and it is very easy but is worked for this OS and the last OS upgrade I installed.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

Mako5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey that worked beautifully. Thanks Dreamrider!. Now for my last trick I would like to preform the Streaming Bluetooth Headphone trick. I downloaded the Java folder and was tempted to use it but during the install the DM warned me that the files were older than the ones I was using so I chickened out. Should I do it?

Given that the current OS is newer then the Streaming BT... it is not suprising you got that message. As to going for it... I don't use BT so haven't gone there ... yet.
    Last edited by Dream Rider; 08-06-2007 at 09:56 PM.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Mako5, it should still work for you based upon the comments in the BT sticky
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...st_any_bt.html

Read through the posts and try it out. Check with EvolutionCSR on your question
    but I do think it will work. Good luck!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

Sorry I'm so thick, haven't had my coffee yet. So the answer to the question about whether to use the pre-modded alx files for this os is NO. Correct? And the two files dreamrider listed should be wiped after install instead, correct?

How will all the themes be unlocked on this one? Will you have to go in and manually unlock them?

Thanks for your time.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

This maybe a stuipid question, but i will ask it anyway.... i am using vista and have a hell of a time editing the alx file in Notepad and then resave it. Does anyone else use vista and have troubles editing the alx file?

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by darryl71
    This maybe a stuipid question, but i will ask it anyway.... i am using vista and have a hell of a time editing the alx file in Notepad and then resave it. Does anyone else use vista and have troubles editing the alx file?
    What kind of problems are you having?

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

wont save back to the ALX format, Notepad keeps saving as txt and I do not know how in this OS how to change file extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by liltiki
    Sorry I'm so thick, haven't had my coffee yet. So the answer to the question about whether to use the pre-modded alx files for this os is NO. Correct? And the two files dreamrider listed should be wiped after install instead, correct?

How will all the themes be unlocked on this one? Will you have to go in and manually unlock them?

Thanks for your time.
    The 2 files I listed were to remove PTT and I deleated them on my PC prior to the OS install.

To unlock the themes you will need to edit them or use one of the blackberry.alx file found on the forum.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    wont save back to the ALX format, Notepad keeps saving as txt and I do not know how in this OS how to change file extensions.
    You can try the old notepad trick, make your changes, save as...make the name in quotes "filename.alx". That's how we used to trick notepad to save with diff extensions.

bobloblaw no está en línea Stack level 1

I renamed the file to BlackBerry Old then moved it on to my desktop edited the file then moved it back to its origional folder and changed the name back to Blackberry and everything worked beautifullly it let me edit the alx file and save it as an alx file.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

hi,

i was trying to upgrade my OS. I followed the instructions in the post#1.

1. I already had the desktop manager 4.2 SP2, so I did not bother downloading it again.
    2. I downloaded and installed the OS from the link given.
    3. I deleted the vendor.xml file
    4. Plugged my device in and desktop manager synced my device and it did not prompt to upgrade like the post said. Moreover, it crashed saying it performed an illegal operation and need to shut down.

So, I unplugged my device, restarted my desktop manager and plugged it back in. Only this time, I cancelled the autosync and then it prompts me to upgrade. It's updating as I am posting here. But how to get rid of the DM crash after auto-sync when I plug my curve in to the PC?

Thanks again!

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Ok, I played with it some more and found out that my desktop manager crashes everytime it syncs. I have curve with latest handheld OS and desktop manager software (since I upgraded to the new OS as per this thread's instructions). And my PC is XP professional and I'm syncing with Microsoft Outlook 2003. Any help in fixing this problem is appreciated.

edit: I forgot to mention that everything syncs just fine. It promptly crashes after a sync (whether automatic or manual). I can use every function of desktop manager if I cancel the sync.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 08-07-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast