Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Yes this is way we should do it. I don't have much time today but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cizake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

Re: new curve OS from vodafone v4.2.2.265/4.2.2.146

Advertisement

Yes this is way we should do it.
    I don't have much time today but will try during the week.
    my Blog
    my Company

Florian SEROUSSI

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

No problems with the today screen so far, but I only unlocked a few themes and did it by hand.

One change I did notice - After I finish reading a message, I don't get the pop up that allows me to delete the message on both my PC and the device . . . just plain old delete for the device only.

It's minor but I was just wondering, did I miss an option somewhere - Or is this just the way this OS is?
    Last edited by mdys; 08-05-2007 at 02:47 PM.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mdys
    No problems with the today screen so far, but I only unlocked a few themes and did it by hand.

One change I did notice - After I finish reading a message, I don't get the pop up that allows me to delete the message on both my PC and the device . . . just plain old delete for the device only.

It's minor but I was just wondering, did I miss an option somewhere - Or is this just the way this OS is?
    Open the Message applet (email), hit the Menu button (to the left of the trackball) and select Options. Then select "email reconciliation". You'll see the "delete on" choice on the next screen, offering "HandHeld", "Mailbox and HandHeld" or "Prompt"...

Thanx! I didn't have this email reconciliation option so I resent the service books and it's there now.

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    OK....everything went well. Then I realised that my BB browser had disappeared. A battery pull did not help. Has anyone else with the ATT curve had this same issue. And if so, what was/is the fix...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

jedd - register handheld

options/advanced options/host routing table
    click menu, choose register handheld.

if that doesn't work, log on to your BIS account and resend service books

no worries, especially if you are on ATT happens a lot when upgrading the OS

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by mdys
    Thanx! I didn't have this email reconciliation option so I resent the service books and it's there now.
    the email reconciliation was pushed thru with BIS 2.3 - a ton of threads on that one

if you don't have the options, deleting and resending service books should work. i know that at the beginning i had to delete the two yahoo accts i had in BIS acct and resend.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yay my today screen issues resolved themselves naturally lol

PIN/ID
    2404E130

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thabks much Cherri....worked like a charm!

PIN/ID
    2404E130

By the way. Is it just me or is the media player on this OS WAAAAAAAYY better than the standard. I have a couple of movies on my SD card and they are all noticeably better quality with the new media software. No "pixelation" and the Audio Boost is great!!!

Mako5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Rider
    Install went flawlessly for this OS, themes unlocked, no ptt. Seems a little snappier,
    Have now spent a few hours on the upgrade. I kept getting the 200 error. after several iterations I realized it came from my modified Platform.ALX file that I was using to eliminate PTT. after using the original Platform.ALX, everything works fine. Unfortunately I now have PTT. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    dreamrider: can you try using a today theme, and see if any of your calendar items show on the today screen?

i've had several people tell me that it didn't show for them...same here last night. i just reinstalled without the blackberry.alx file and its showing my calendar items now, but its stuff i added today

just trying to figure out what's going on...
    Sorry I didn't post sooner. All of the Today themes show my calendar appointments, Vodafone, O2, and AT&T Dimension. Hope this helps.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

Quote Originally Posted by Mako5
    Have now spent a few hours on the upgrade. I kept getting the 200 error. after several iterations I realized it came from my modified Platform.ALX file that I was using to eliminate PTT. after using the original Platform.ALX, everything works fine. Unfortunately I now have PTT. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

I did this - http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ory_pearl.html
    It works for the curve too! Also got rid of preloaded media. I liked the advice of changing the names of the files to ".old" instead of deleting them. That way if you run into problems, you can just easily change them back.
    Last edited by mdys; 08-06-2007 at 07:01 PM.

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

Mako5 - was the alx file that gave you the 200 error modified by you or was it the pre-modified one accesable for download - just wondering if this means do not install with the alx files we've been useing to get rid of ptt and unlock themes. Has anyone succesfully used this new OS with a modified alx file?

I was wondering if it's safer to just not used a modded alx file until after the install with this particular OS.

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by liltiki
    Mako5 - was the alx file that gave you the 200 error modified by you or was it the pre-modified one accesable for download - just wondering if this means do not install with the alx files we've been useing to get rid of ptt and unlock themes. Has anyone succesfully used this new OS with a modified alx file?

I was wondering if it's safer to just not used a modded alx file until after the install with this particular OS.
    I manually deleted the files for ptt using info from the other bb forum prior to the install. I did not use the modified alx file for this OS install.

These are the files
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    KnJCDE.cod
    located in
    program files, common files, research in motion, shared, loader files, 8300v4, then java.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast