Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by abdo hi, please. I have one BB 8300, AT&T this possible update ... BlackBerry Curve forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: new curve OS from vodafone v4.2.2.265/4.2.2.146

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by abdo
    hi, please.

I have one BB 8300, AT&T this possible update software Vodafone ?

What this help ?

My BB is unlock.

Thanks

Abdo
    Yes, you can upgrade to this new Vodafone OS, just don't forget to delete the vendor file.

taimur no está en línea Stack level 2

Im getting error 507 and sometimes error 200.
    What do i do?

artjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31006C6F

I just installed the vodafone 4.2.2.146 OS and I must say I am very happy so far! The OS seems faster and best of all my MMS is now operating! Since day one of my Curve, my MMS has never operated even after countless calls to AT&T. Even with Optus, MMS never operated. But with this vodafone MMS operates great! In the Multi Media section I still have my Sound Boost as I had in Optus. So all-in-all I am a very happy camper!
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and Human stupidity; and I am not sure about the former.
    A. Einstein
    BlackBerry PIN# 24A12B7D

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by taimur
    Im getting error 507 and sometimes error 200.
    What do i do?
    Have you tried wiping your device using JL CDMER? then reinstall OS?

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Can I use the blackberry.alx file on this OS to unlock the themes that I used on the Assie OS?
    If I need to use Cherri's do I just save it as blackberry.alx and then replace the original as before?
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Rider
    Can I use the blackberry.alx file on this OS to unlock the themes that I used on the Assie OS?
    If I need to use Cherri's do I just save it as blackberry.alx and then replace the original as before?
    Yup. Sounds like you have it under control.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Install went flawlessly for this OS, themes unlocked, no ptt. Seems a little snappier,

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

This OS is starting to sound like my next entry on "things to do" list
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lavagirl669
    This OS is starting to sound like my next entry on "things to do" list
    It went so smooth that I had to look to see if it actually updated as it restored everything exactly as I had it!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

dreamrider: can you try using a today theme, and see if any of your calendar items show on the today screen?

i've had several people tell me that it didn't show for them...same here last night. i just reinstalled without the blackberry.alx file and its showing my calendar items now, but its stuff i added today

just trying to figure out what's going on...

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cizake
    I have to wipe my 8300. Everything got bugged.

I will start again using your results.
    cizake - you get a chance to try this? Might have time tomorrow to experiment. Would be great if we could figure out a fix like this that would make it feasible to keep using the latest OS upgrade - but still get T-Mobile service books & browsers...

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks everyone! Got this downloaded without a hitch. I'm bummed that I have to rearrange all the icons on all of my themes again, but this OS is definitely running faster!

cizake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    cizake - you get a chance to try this? Might have time tomorrow to experiment. Would be great if we could figure out a fix like this that would make it feasible to keep using the latest OS upgrade - but still get T-Mobile service books & browsers...
    Nothing so far. I am trying to rebuild an OS using 02 as a base and updating ALX/COD manually one by one.

This will take a long long time but it might be the only way.
    my Blog
    my Company

Florian SEROUSSI

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

yeah i've been having the today screen issues like cherri mentioned, but we are trying to pinpoint this down so hopefuly we will have asolution soon
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cizake
    Nothing so far. I am trying to rebuild an OS using 02 as a base and updating ALX/COD manually one by one.

This will take a long long time but it might be the only way.
    As tedious as this is, I see two major time-consuming tasks:

1) downloading and installing each separate version of the OS in Windows before we can isolate the sets of files (ALX's and COD's) that are created under the c:\Program Files\Common Files\... path. It would be ideal if we could simply download and unzip these files images. It's apparently going to be necessary to download each one, install it, and then copy the file tree somewhere else. Rinse, repeat...

2) Loading the various OS versions into the Curve itself, and then waiting for it to restart - and then experimenting with service books et al.

Step #2 is the more time consuming step. So ideally, we should aim to minimize the number of times we have to try this step, i.e., minimize trial and error testing if we possibly can.

That led me to the following: suggest we attempt to be as informed as possible about file differences instead of simply flying blind. I did some searching, and found an open source DIFF utility that runs in Windows and will happily compare binary files as well as text files - and show you a visual represenation of any sections that don't match. Common programming tool, but most are either Text only (for source code files) or Binary Only (to create patches). This tool is free (open source / GNU license), and gives a good visual interface comparing text and/or binary files -- i.e., it's perfect for the purpose described here. The tool I found is "kDiff3", and can be downloaded from here:

http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/

I've downloaded and started playing with it. Have to run out for a while now, but thought sombody else might have time to start experimenting. I'll give it a whirl later on this afternoon as well.

Suggested approach:

Download / Install (on Windows) the O2 version that we know works with T-Mobile USA service books / provisioning. Make a complete copy of the directory tree from the /program files/common files/research in motion/ subdir down and save this in a work directory.

Download / Install (on Windows) a desired target version (i.e., new Vodafone version). Copy the same directory tree described above to another work directory.

Start comparing ALX's and COD's to see what files are the same, and which are different. With luck, the differences (even though some in binary files) might also give clues re what is needed to make the OS work with T-Mobile USA.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast