Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Originally Posted by baseballkyle ok just got it loaded. its snappier. voice quality does seem ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Re: new curve OS from vodafone v4.2.2.265/4.2.2.146

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle
    ok just got it loaded. its snappier. voice quality does seem better than the ATT OS. i'll give it a few days and report back.
    the biggest difference I've noticed is that your media loads much faster i.e. movies and music....

o2sys no está en línea Stack level 2

Does this os improve rf?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by o2sys
    Does this os improve rf?
    You having an RF problem? I've found it to be really good with the Curve - seems to be on a par with my Nokia's, and blows away my MDA...

Socarumba no está en línea Stack level 1

Will this OS work on Curves that are locked to Providers.

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Socarumba
    Will this OS work on Curves that are locked to Providers.
    Yes I use it with AT&T with no problem on a locked curve.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

Yes I'm with tmo and having horrible dropped calls issue with the curve. I never tried with the att os cuz after unlocking it I downgraded to the o2 os.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by o2sys
    Yes I'm with tmo and having horrible dropped calls issue with the curve. I never tried with the att os cuz after unlocking it I downgraded to the o2 os.
    Think there has to be another factor here beside "TMo" or "Curve"... I've got an unlocked Curve with TMo, and it's the best phone I've used in 15 years - and no dropped calls.

Wonder if there's a specific device problem you're having...or if they're doing work on your local towers?

for the past 5 months? i dont think so....i have an extra sim laying around, swapping it to see if thats it, im having dropped calls even before with curve so i doubt its the phone

TAFTberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Can someone post up the correct blackberry.alx file that i can just play in the folder and upload to the blackberry to unlock the vendor themes..i tried using the one from the first page of this thread and it did nothing for my themes...is there specific folder that the file is supposed to be put into. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated...by the way the new OS works beautifully..so fast and it even looks better graphically.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by TAFTberry
    Can someone post up the correct blackberry.alx file that i can just play in the folder and upload to the blackberry to unlock the vendor themes..i tried using the one from the first page of this thread and it did nothing for my themes...is there specific folder that the file is supposed to be put into. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated...by the way the new OS works beautifully..so fast and it even looks better graphically.
    The .alx file is posted in Cherri's post #16 in the begginning of this thread.
    All you need to do is drag and drop this into the correct directory, start DM and run App Loader
    and your unlocked themes should be there.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

TAFTberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Which directory is the correct one???

keertan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2513BAB9

Quote Originally Posted by darryl71
    This maybe a stuipid question, but i will ask it anyway.... i am using vista and have a hell of a time editing the alx file in Notepad and then resave it. Does anyone else use vista and have troubles editing the alx file?
    I was facing the same problem, until i did the following

- I opened the "blackberry.alx" file in notepad and made the necessary changes
    - I saved it as "blackberry.alx" and changed the file type to "all files" (the default option is "*.txt")
    - I saved it to the desktop
    - I then went back to the original folder & renamed the existing "blackberry.alx" file to "blackberry.old"
    - Then i just copied the desktop file "blackberry.alx" back into this folder

This worked like a charm

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!

I tried this install and went wrong. It got all the way thru everything. Was on last the last install line when it froze half way thru. I clicked a button to light up the phone screen and it said something about a 5xx error and had an option to reset. I did the reset and it reverted back to the Verizon them and wiped out a bunch of my themes including the green/brown colored Vodafon today theme.. Now when I try to reinstall the OS DM wont prompt me to upgrade. Im at a loss.....

wasafiri no está en línea Stack level 1

Works like a charm! I actually chose not to use the "new" java folder provided on this thread because it actually downgrades two modules to versions older than the one in the AT&T OS.

I actually don't notice any speed increases here... but this upgrade did fix a GPS problem I've been having where I could only use GPS with Google Maps and nothing else. Now GPS works for everything. Thumbs up.

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Ok update. I decided to go edit the file to unlock all the vendor themes. After doing so I started up DM and did the app loader. It said it also wanted to do a core system 4.2 update. I did that and now the new OS is working on my phone flawlessly. Go figure. I love the new voda white today theme!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast