I have a used 8520 coming in the mail from Idaho that I bought on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

New Curve 8520

Advertisement

I have a used 8520 coming in the mail from Idaho that I bought on Ebay. My record for setting up an Ebay BlackBerry is - if memory serves - 16 minutes, including removing the password, removing the IT policy, loading it with my data. From unpacking to use, 16 minutes. It was a 7290 -

I'm gearing up. have got the DM downloaded and ready, my old backup file ready, and a space cleared on the desk. I'm hoping it is passworded and has an IT policy so I can attempt a new land speed record for Ebay device setups - - Ha!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Good luck Mark I have faith you can get this pit stop done in record time

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Let me know when you start - i have the stopwatch ready !
    Good luck with the BB - you can now put the (extinct) dinosaur 7290 to pasture - but keep it handy, you may need it again.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Let me know when you start - i have the stopwatch ready !
    Good luck with the BB - you can now put the (extinct) dinosaur 7290 to pasture - but keep it handy, you may need it again.
    I haven't used a 7290 in a while - my 16 minute record was in late 2007. I think I will be faster on the Curve because it has a faster processor, so after ya type in an incorrect password 10 times the reset will go faster. But with my luck it will be already set up nicely and I'll just need to pop in a SIM and do a restore - -

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... Yep! It should ! But I m still waiting with the stopwatch in hand if you need to officialize your start up...
    You never know what methods Texans put into use !

Got it! Unfortunately, it is not passworded, nor does it have an IT policy. Guess I'll have to try to break my record some other day on some other device! Awesome little smartphone, though . . .

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well that takes all the fun out of it Mark, but enjoy

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Vamp20048 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    hello
    Sounds like thats all u really wanted ha ha so put on a pw and just do it for fun