Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so my wife just received her new 8320 from TMO, I downloaded the Google ... BlackBerry Curve forum

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

New Curve 8320, new problems...

Advertisement

Ok, so my wife just received her new 8320 from TMO, I downloaded the Google Talk and Yahoo IM.
    When we try to log onto Google Talk, it comes back as saying "Handheld does not have the required service books. Please visit blackberry.com/googletalk"
    When we try to log onto Yahoo IM, it comes back as saying "Service is not enabled for this handheld"
    Now, I already re-sent the service books, re-registered the handheld thru Host Routing Table. I removed then re-downloaded both google talk and yahoo IM, and im out of ideals. She is getting her emails that is set up thru TMO and has ALL CAPS EDGE.
    I wanted to ask you guys before I call customer service, since you guys are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by harm_dzines; 09-17-2008 at 01:14 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Does she have a data plan and is the browser working?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Does she have a data plan and is the browser working?
    We dont have the full data plan just the email add on but have unlimited messages, we havent had it for almost a year now, but all of our IM's (Google Talk,Yahoo IM & BB Messenger) have always worked without any interuptions.
    BTW: She does have all caps EDGE

Well, then I don't know what to tell you, someone else will have to jump in. I had always been told that BB Messenger and the others use data, not messages.........
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Well, then I don't know what to tell you, someone else will have to jump in. I had always been told that BB Messenger and the others use data, not messages.........
    Yeah me too, until I tried it. Even the TMO reps told me that. But I assure you we only have the email add on for the last 9 months or so, and all of our instant message apps work without a problem.
    Thanks for trying though

I'm thinking that if you did have it, it was because somehow something got added to your BB without being added to what you paid in your plan and perhaps with this new purchase they caught their mistake. I may be wrong, not familiar with T-Mo, but that's just my impression of what may be the case here.......hope you get it worked out though.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thats what its sounding like to me too im pretty sure that you have to have the full 19.99 plan in order to use the bb msgr or other chats like that due to the fact that they use data not msgs. If its something that you use alot I would reccomend just switching it up to the data and email its only 10 bucks more for alot of extras

Update:
    Well, we woke up this morning to my wifes new Curve with both Yahoo IM and Google Talk logged in and working. But now, she isnt getting her emails pushed to her Curve. We will be calling TMO today.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you're getting the IM clients to work on an e-mail only plan, I wouldn't be too vocal (they shouldn't be working)

Use your e-mail setup icon, re-push your BIS service book to your wife's device and then try sending her an e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    If you're getting the IM clients to work on an e-mail only plan, I wouldn't be too vocal (they shouldn't be working)

Use your e-mail setup icon, re-push your BIS service book to your wife's device and then try sending her an e-mail.
    I've already done that, thanks

This is part of our plan, as listed on my tmobile

"Unlimited Messages for Families Send and receive any type of message you want, in any combination you want. Text, IM, picture, or video messages--it's up to you! And the best part is one bundle covers up to 5 subscribers on the same FamilyTime plan so you only need to buy one! $9.99"

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That might be what it says and usually it is 9.99 per a bb but I bet when you get your bill you will be charged out the wazoo for data due to the fact that IM uses data not text messages

Quote Originally Posted by Brian80 View Post
    That might be what it says and usually it is 9.99 per a bb but I bet when you get your bill you will be charged out the wazoo for data due to the fact that IM uses data not text messages
    Nope sorry, no extra charges for "data usage" Just looked at past bills to be certain

lobolink no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2431e2ec
    The prob is that all messaging programs made for bb are data based. Even though they are messages the program has to login using the internet, and that will cost you data charges. Contact tmo and ask them the number to check on you data usage. and try getting the 19.99 data service. I really don't understand how people can have a blackberry without the data coverage. You don't get the full potential of your bb.
    LoboLink Networks
    Theme Enthusiast
    Device: 8800
    Pin: 2431E2EC
    Email: lobolink@tmo.blackberry.net

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually, that blurb that harm_dzines posted means that they have bundled the IM bits with it (the one thing the messaging-only service won't have is browsing).

And that'll just be browsing through blackberry - they'll still be able to use a hotspot browser if they're in wifi coverage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast