Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

maybe some1 else is having the same issue but i just found out when device ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hakimmmmm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

NEW BUG in 4.5 curve 8300

Advertisement

maybe some1 else is having the same issue but i just found out

when device waz locked i used to make calls using PLACE A CALL n use SPEED DİAL in 4.2 BUT in 4.5 i can use the PLACE A CALL but i have to find the name or dial a number rather thn hit the button n use the speed dial
    in order to use speed dial i have to UNLOCK the device 1st then speed dial
    its a small bug but its a bug.,

second whn device is LOCKED n i get a two miss call i cant see thn cuz whn i click on place a cal the device freezes. but i dont reboot it insted i call myself from my other phone n then it starts working wierdddd

n another problem is plazmic themes .. i got 3 plazmic themes they show up in aplication list but cant see them in THEMES n use it

thnxx in advance

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by hakimmmmm View Post
    maybe some1 else is having the same issue but i just found out

when device waz locked i used to make calls using PLACE A CALL n use SPEED DİAL in 4.2 BUT in 4.5 i can use the PLACE A CALL but i have to find the name or dial a number rather thn hit the button n use the speed dial
    in order to use speed dial i have to UNLOCK the device 1st then speed dial
    its a small bug but its a bug.,

second whn device is LOCKED n i get a two miss call i cant see thn cuz whn i click on place a cal the device freezes. but i dont reboot it insted i call myself from my other phone n then it starts working wierdddd

n another problem is plazmic themes .. i got 3 plazmic themes they show up in aplication list but cant see them in THEMES n use it

thnxx in advance
    I didn't know there was an OS 4.5 for the 8300, I know there is one for the 8310, which one did you upgrade with?

PIN/ID
    i had 4.2.2.172 curve 8300 n i upgraded to 4.5.52 i found it online evrythng else works like a charm but 2 bugs so far n no plazmic themes

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    I believe the problem is with the upgrade that you have simply because the Upgrade you have was meant to upgrade the 8310 not the 8300 (which has been dicontinued/ which also means no upgraded OS for that model). ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~So it will never be bug free...

PIN/ID
    Really? Cuz a month ago i saw a writing from RIM in crackberry tht official os for curve 8300 will be available in mid sept

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    DJ,

Here's what they're talking about:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80214

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    I believe the problem is with the upgrade that you have simply because the Upgrade you have was meant to upgrade the 8310 not the 8300 (which has been dicontinued/ which also means no upgraded OS for that model). ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~So it will never be bug free...
    Each OS is phone specific not vendor specific.

TIM Italy released OS 4.5.0.52 for the 8300 just over 2 weeks ago and it can be downloaded from here

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...190CAAD5802983

hakimmmmm - I agree about the bug by the way
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Really? Cuz a month ago i saw a writing from RIM in crackberry tht official os for curve 8300 will be available in mid sept
    I plugged my 8300 into my desktop mgr and it said there was an upgrade(hadnt been on the forum in a while). Turned out to be AT&T 4.5 for my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
    I plugged my 8300 into my desktop mgr and it said there was an upgrade(hadnt been on the forum in a while). Turned out to be AT&T 4.5 for my phone.
    Just out on the AT&T site and there is no 4.5 there.

OS software upgrades don't automatically download. The only way to get an OS on your PC is to physically download and install it. That's when the DM will recognize the new OS.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Just out on the AT&T site and there is no 4.5 there.

OS software upgrades don't automatically download. The only way to get an OS on your PC is to physically download and install it. That's when the DM will recognize the new OS.
    Dont know what to tell you then. I didnt physically download anything from any sites. When I went to connect my BB with my pc(usually I use my mac) it told me there was a firmware update. So I downloaded it and it was 4.5.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
    Dont know what to tell you then. I didnt physically download anything from any sites. When I went to connect my BB with my pc(usually I use my mac) it told me there was a firmware update. So I downloaded it and it was 4.5.
    Go into Options>About on your device, third line down. What does it say there?

I'm thinking it must be the 4.5 DESKTOP MANAGER upgrade, not the device upgrade.

I am not aware of any device OS upgrade notifications through Desktop Manager.

PIN/ID

I'm thinking it must be the 4.5 DESKTOP MANAGER upgrade, not the device upgrade.

EXACTLY..... İ think he is talking about DM 4.5
    and again i didnt know tht DM had automatic update for itself
    i thougt we have to remove the old 1 n download the new one n install it

There's an option you can check when you download DM to check for updates upon launch.

Ok, Ill try to reitertate the situation. I use a mac on a daily basis for my reconciliation. I plugged my BB into my pc just for backup purposes and when my DM told me that there was an update, I downloaded it. It was not a DM update but an 8300 update. I know this because my phone spent about 40 mins downloading, not my computer. After downloading the update I now have version 4.5.0.37 which includes a video camera. Clearly I did not have a video camera on my old sw version. Also I have new menus and even a doc-to-go folder.

So please, Im not new to technology and I know how to work a "fone".

PIN/ID
    jeez relax

i waz just telling tht i didnt know about tht cuz whnever i plug my bb i dont get any update or anything so....good for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast