I'm new to the Blackberry and smart phones in general so I need a little ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Fred Sanford no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New to blackberry..Tmobile 8320 help Security help

Advertisement

I'm new to the Blackberry and smart phones in general so I need a little help please. When typing a number in my curve 8320, the corresponding letter contacts show up on the screen. This is a nice feature but for security reasons, I would rather it didn't show my contact info if I let someone use my phone. I spoke to customer service but they couldn't help. Also, If my phone is locked and someone calls, the phone can still be answered. What is the point of having the handset locked if it can still be answered. So far, a little dissapointed in security features of Blackberry. My wi-fi with my linksys works flawlessly though. If anyone has any could help me out with this I would really help me out. Thanks in advance.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: New to blackberry..Tmobile 8320 help Security help

Well, the phone is meant to be helpful and show those address book entries as you type a letter. If security is THAT big of a concern, don't let others use your phone. You can set a password for your device but it will not be used when answering a call as you know. Blackberry's are very secure though but the features you are looking for are not part of the OS at this time.

Good luck and welcome to the "Stacks".
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Fred Sanford no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks. Thought it would be kind of rude to say "No, you can't use my phone" but I guess that's my only solution. Maybe a later filmware will address this issue. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Well, I agree that sometimes it would be tough to refuse to allow someone to use the phone but if you need to maintain that amount of security, that seems to be your only option at this point.

Good luck though and and welcome to the Blackberry World!!!!
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE