Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Today the releasing date for many places is the 8900,I dropped using my bold just ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Vuittonbabi18 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down New Blackberry Curve 8900 for AT&T

Advertisement

Today the releasing date for many places is the 8900,I dropped using my bold just to try it out. So I bought it outright (no available upgrade at the time.) After only a hour of having the phone I realized what a terrible phone this is,so a suggestion for those selling,trading,or returning the bold or any other blackberry do yourself a favor do not. I never had a problem with my bold it has been great other then the standard battery drainage got a new battery works alot better. Depending on the area coverage 3G may be at a big disadvantage. The phone is cheaply made all plastic,take 10 minutes to turn on,complete lag and In my opinion it feels like if dropped it turn into a bunch of blackberry pieces,and also lags so bad!! Just a heads up on people fussing over this phone,it is all hype! I am selling on craigslist right now,I waited months for this and called 20 different stores in NJ today and the last place I had called had it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    welcome to posting!

just return it to ATT ... you'll get your money back

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry to hear you had bad luck with the 8900.. Don't think I'll trade my BOLD in ANYTIME soon.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try upgrading the OS? That may help your issues.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have both phones and to be true, i like both, i dont see all those things you are complaining about, but like cherri said, return the phone to att and thats it...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Try upgrading the OS? That may help your issues.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but he/she should not have to install another OS for a brand new BlackBerry to function properly. As I said, Erica, I mean no disrespect in any way.

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Well first off i see this is your first post. Welcome to the Stacks

Sorry you feel that way i love my 8900 and have not had any of those problems that you stated. just return it to ATT they will give you your money back. Its posible you may have gotten a defective one.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I went from the Bold to the AT&T 8900 today and it is not as fast but not too far from the Bold performance.

I do have 148.9mb free! So for those who want lots of software, that will be a plus. The earpiece volume is louder than the Bold and the external speaker is every bit as good. It is an excellent upgrade from the Curve and people will not be dissapointed in the least!

I forgot the OS is v4.6.1.231 for those who are interested
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Greg, have you hooked some good ear gels up to it yet, I'm interested in the sound quality of the mp3 player.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Greg, have you hooked some good ear gels up to it yet, I'm interested in the sound quality of the mp3 player.
    Sorry, all I got is the Bose and they were excellent on the daily bike ride.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Vuittonbabi18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I went back to my bold,has not given me any problems always full service everywhere even at my house and I live in the sticks acres of land and nobody around.So that is a big plus hard to get service out here. My bold is super fast and I am planning to get my pink housing for it. For everyone who has the curve 8900 I meant no offense to you but its just my opinion on it. Some people hate the bold because it drains and drops calls,but never had those problems. Thank you all for your posts!

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    I see no real problems with my 8900. Even with the tmobile firmware it didn't lag or take 10 minutes to boot. I think you either exagerated a bit or att firmware is clogged up or something. And the build of the 8900 isn't cheap. Its a lot better than most phones. The only thing that could be a bit cheap is the battery cover.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have no lag on my 8900 even with several 3rd party apps running in background along with the usual BB apps. I really think you got a problem phone...

I've been using an unlocked 8900 on AT&T since they were first available. I've dropped mine several times (hard tile and concrete) and it held up fine (was in a Seidio case). Just because its lighter and different material than the Bold does not mean it's cheaply made!

Last edited by gritsinct; 05-22-2009 at 09:37 PM.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I went from the Bold to the AT&T 8900 today and it is not as fast but not too far from the Bold performance.

I do have 148.9mb free! So for those who want lots of software, that will be a plus. The earpiece volume is louder than the Bold and the external speaker is every bit as good. It is an excellent upgrade from the Curve and people will not be dissapointed in the least!

I forgot the OS is v4.6.1.231 for those who are interested

I love having that much memory!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    My 8900 is not cheap feeling. It feels the most solid of any BB I have owned. I am running 5.0.93 and have not had any problems yet. No lag, wifi rocks, lots of memory, excellent camera and media player. Screen resolution is amazing. Black trackball. Mine is from TMO. It's a solid phone imo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast