http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070503/...g_QONwVAtU.3QA Check this out guys....a bigger Pearl with a QWERTY keyboard. What do you think?... BlackBerry Curve forum

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

New BlackBerry Curve

Advertisement

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070503/...g_QONwVAtU.3QA

Check this out guys....a bigger Pearl with a QWERTY keyboard. What do you think?

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: New BlackBerry Curve

See this link...

it was posted 2 hours ago:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ve_8300_a.html

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Big whup. Another full sized keyboard. Give SureType time and you can't go back to having to be specific on your keys (or at least I can't).

bazile1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA8DC8

Arrow Re: New BlackBerry Curve

looks nice but once a pearl always a pearl

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Who cares about her pearl if she has curve appeal?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

Anybody knows if the Curve is going to be available for TMO anytime soon? I heard that Cingular is going to get it this month, or early June.

I dont care about the Curve, but i love the Pearl =)

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    Who cares about her pearl if she has curve appeal?

imyopusha31 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow u pearl lovers surprise me... Its smaller... That's it! This device has just better features all the way around. And the screen size is huge compared to the pearl! A full qwerty will run laps around suretype. And tmo won't get this unit until 3 months after at&t gets it. That's how the 8800 did it. And why complain that at&t get all the good phones first. They ae simply the better company. They are bigger. Own all the towers. And have the experience and $$$ to be able to carry these amazing devices. I don't mind shellin out the extra $10 a month to have company that comes out with all the good phones first.....most of the time. Peace

LinkinX no está en línea Stack level 2

Don’t care... Love my pearl.... personally I don’t think it looks as slick and professional as the pearl...

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~These days, "looking professional" is equal to having a pda/smartphone.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by imyopusha31
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow u pearl lovers surprise me... Its smaller... That's it! This device has just better features all the way around. And the screen size is huge compared to the pearl! A full qwerty will run laps around suretype. And tmo won't get this unit until 3 months after at&t gets it. That's how the 8800 did it. And why complain that at&t get all the good phones first. They ae simply the better company. They are bigger. Own all the towers. And have the experience and $$$ to be able to carry these amazing devices. I don't mind shellin out the extra $10 a month to have company that comes out with all the good phones first.....most of the time. Peace
    Hmmmm. I'm betting its released on tmo, oh about 2.5 months before you claim. And the 8100 and 7100 came out on tmo first. So the little orange people don't get ALL the devices first. So its a 50/50 shot. Cingy is a good company don't get me wrong ( even though they botch half the BB releases) but for me to get the same type plans with voice and data would cost me over 100 bucks a month more for my wife and I. So for a 50/50 shot at the newest BB first, a far better customer service dept ( my wife was with cingy for 5 years, horrible) good coverage 99% of the places I go, I'll take the extra Benny in my pocket every month.

kwolf3481 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C37B2
    Quote Originally Posted by imyopusha31
    Okay, let's get some facts straight here. 1. Cingular is not a bigger company than tmobile. If it wasn't for at&t they would be rather small. Plus you can only find Cingular in the USA, Tmobile is worldwide. 2. Cingular may get a lot of phones first, but that is because they pay more to the companies who produce them. Top bid always win. Another point to make while on money is that you said you don't mind paying the extra money. Well you pay the extra money for everything because of the very reason stated above. 3. Another reason why Tmobile doesn't jump the gun and get things before the competition is for the fact that all smart phones have bugs. The less they have to deal with because other companies took the phone first and had to do most of the trouble shooting the better. IMO Tmobile is a very wise customer orientated company and is making smart decisions by not takeing the first wave of every new device out there. Oh and BTW Cingular does not own a single tower. AT&T the parent company owns them all. Despite what Cingular employees may say and if you are one despite what your trainers tell you, they do not own a single tower. I worked for AT&T customer care for a while and that is one thing that I learned while there.

Kwolf

washzurita no está en línea Stack level 1
    Right On Kwolf.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't even like the look of the curve because the color of it reminds me of a previous device I had, the 7100t.

As for us Pearl lovers, we took the time to learn SureType. I have had very good success with it since its been updated. Took me a day to learn it when I first got my 7100t. When I got my 7105t it got easier because of the contoured keys.

I do want the 8800, however, when my fingers get tired of the Pearl. I wish people would just give it a chance and learn the system.

And how is the Curve smaller than the Pearl? Someone explain that to me.

If I don't get the 8800 I'm gonna wait and see what the 9xxx series is gonna offer.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Haider
    Check this out guys....a bigger Pearl with a QWERTY keyboard. What do you think?
    I don't think I'd call the Curve "a bigger Peal with a QWERTY keyboard" any more than I'd call an 8800 a "bigger Pearl with a QWERTY keyboard and no camera".

I could kinda see your statement if "Pearl" meant "Blackberry with camera" in your book but the Curve isn't even styled like the Pearl at all. The 8100, 8300 and 8800 are all counterparts in RIM's three lines. We'll see variants of those three models down the road but these three pretty much define the major lines that RIM has decided to establish.

Quote Originally Posted by kwolf3481
    Okay, let's get some facts straight here. 1. Cingular is not a bigger company than tmobile. If it wasn't for at&t they would be rather small. Plus you can only find Cingular in the USA, Tmobile is worldwide.
    While we're getting facts straight, TMO and Deutch Telecom are two separate companies so yes, at&t (the wireless company -- not its parent) is larger and it has nothing to do with the at&t formerly known as SBC. I'm just basing this on their respective wireless subscriber counts (which is all that matters when you're comparing wireless carriers based on size).

2. Cingular may get a lot of phones first, but that is because they pay more to the companies who produce them. Top bid always win.
    Right... and your point is? Cingular pays for exclusives so they get them. That doesn't get TMO more exclusives nor does it make TMO any larger, so... ??

3. Another reason why Tmobile doesn't jump the gun and get things before the competition is for the fact that all smart phones have bugs. The less they have to deal with because other companies took the phone first and had to do most of the trouble shooting the better. IMO Tmobile is a very wise customer orientated company and is making smart decisions by not takeing the first wave of every new device out there.
    Again, the facts don't support your case. Who had the release exclusives for the 7100 and the Pearl??

AT&T the parent company owns them all.
    This is moot. The reason Cingular is now at&t is because at&t now owns Bell South, the other majority stakeholder in what was Cingular. In any case, the towers don't belong to any other wireless carrier so they are, for all practical purposes, at&t towers. If at&t (SBC) owns at&t (Cingular) then the distinction is irrelevant. It's not like at&t is leasing tower space from TMO.

Now whether at&t is "better" is debatable. You can't say that any wireles carrier is "better" than any other in an overall sense unless you're just a fanboy of that particular carrier. Coverage varies from market to market and even within each market. A smart wireless customer has to consider coverage as a top priority (a cell device with no reception is useless no matter what the service price is or the quality of customer service, etc). You have to decide for yourself what's better based on coverage and your personal criteria.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-04-2007 at 01:30 PM.

imyopusha31 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm I never once stated "cingular" in my post above. I clearly wrote AT&T. So that fact IS straight. Oh well no biggie.