Results 1 to 15 of 15

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070503/...g_QONwVAtU.3QA Check this out guys....a bigger Pearl with a QWERTY keyboard. What do you think?... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    Haider's Avatar
    Haider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    122

    New BlackBerry Curve

    Advertisement



    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070503/...g_QONwVAtU.3QA

    Check this out guys....a bigger Pearl with a QWERTY keyboard. What do you think?

  2. #2
    fbriceno97's Avatar
    fbriceno97 Guest

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    See this link...

    it was posted 2 hours ago:

    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ve_8300_a.html

  3. #3
    prickleypete's Avatar
    prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    64

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    Big whup. Another full sized keyboard. Give SureType time and you can't go back to having to be specific on your keys (or at least I can't).

  4. #4
    bazile1's Avatar
    bazile1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    23FA8DC8
    Posts
    23

    Arrow Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    looks nice but once a pearl always a pearl

  5. #5
    HeyMrRadio's Avatar
    HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,290

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    Who cares about her pearl if she has curve appeal?

  6. #6
    SeRViiCiiO's Avatar
    SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,119

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    Anybody knows if the Curve is going to be available for TMO anytime soon? I heard that Cingular is going to get it this month, or early June.

    I dont care about the Curve, but i love the Pearl =)

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    Who cares about her pearl if she has curve appeal?

  7. #7
    imyopusha31's Avatar
    imyopusha31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    35

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow u pearl lovers surprise me... Its smaller... That's it! This device has just better features all the way around. And the screen size is huge compared to the pearl! A full qwerty will run laps around suretype. And tmo won't get this unit until 3 months after at&t gets it. That's how the 8800 did it. And why complain that at&t get all the good phones first. They ae simply the better company. They are bigger. Own all the towers. And have the experience and $$$ to be able to carry these amazing devices. I don't mind shellin out the extra $10 a month to have company that comes out with all the good phones first.....most of the time. Peace

  8. #8
    LinkinX's Avatar
    LinkinX no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    50

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    Don’t care... Love my pearl.... personally I don’t think it looks as slick and professional as the pearl...

  9. #9
    HeyMrRadio's Avatar
    HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,290

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~These days, "looking professional" is equal to having a pda/smartphone.

  10. #10
    Toddboy71's Avatar
    Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by imyopusha31
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow u pearl lovers surprise me... Its smaller... That's it! This device has just better features all the way around. And the screen size is huge compared to the pearl! A full qwerty will run laps around suretype. And tmo won't get this unit until 3 months after at&t gets it. That's how the 8800 did it. And why complain that at&t get all the good phones first. They ae simply the better company. They are bigger. Own all the towers. And have the experience and $$$ to be able to carry these amazing devices. I don't mind shellin out the extra $10 a month to have company that comes out with all the good phones first.....most of the time. Peace
    Hmmmm. I'm betting its released on tmo, oh about 2.5 months before you claim. And the 8100 and 7100 came out on tmo first. So the little orange people don't get ALL the devices first. So its a 50/50 shot. Cingy is a good company don't get me wrong ( even though they botch half the BB releases) but for me to get the same type plans with voice and data would cost me over 100 bucks a month more for my wife and I. So for a 50/50 shot at the newest BB first, a far better customer service dept ( my wife was with cingy for 5 years, horrible) good coverage 99% of the places I go, I'll take the extra Benny in my pocket every month.

  11. #11
    kwolf3481's Avatar
    kwolf3481 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    204C37B2
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by imyopusha31
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow u pearl lovers surprise me... Its smaller... That's it! This device has just better features all the way around. And the screen size is huge compared to the pearl! A full qwerty will run laps around suretype. And tmo won't get this unit until 3 months after at&t gets it. That's how the 8800 did it. And why complain that at&t get all the good phones first. They ae simply the better company. They are bigger. Own all the towers. And have the experience and $$$ to be able to carry these amazing devices. I don't mind shellin out the extra $10 a month to have company that comes out with all the good phones first.....most of the time. Peace
    Okay, let's get some facts straight here. 1. Cingular is not a bigger company than tmobile. If it wasn't for at&t they would be rather small. Plus you can only find Cingular in the USA, Tmobile is worldwide. 2. Cingular may get a lot of phones first, but that is because they pay more to the companies who produce them. Top bid always win. Another point to make while on money is that you said you don't mind paying the extra money. Well you pay the extra money for everything because of the very reason stated above. 3. Another reason why Tmobile doesn't jump the gun and get things before the competition is for the fact that all smart phones have bugs. The less they have to deal with because other companies took the phone first and had to do most of the trouble shooting the better. IMO Tmobile is a very wise customer orientated company and is making smart decisions by not takeing the first wave of every new device out there. Oh and BTW Cingular does not own a single tower. AT&T the parent company owns them all. Despite what Cingular employees may say and if you are one despite what your trainers tell you, they do not own a single tower. I worked for AT&T customer care for a while and that is one thing that I learned while there.

    Kwolf

  12. #12
    washzurita's Avatar
    washzurita no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    17
    Right On Kwolf.

  13. #13
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't even like the look of the curve because the color of it reminds me of a previous device I had, the 7100t.

    As for us Pearl lovers, we took the time to learn SureType. I have had very good success with it since its been updated. Took me a day to learn it when I first got my 7100t. When I got my 7105t it got easier because of the contoured keys.

    I do want the 8800, however, when my fingers get tired of the Pearl. I wish people would just give it a chance and learn the system.

    And how is the Curve smaller than the Pearl? Someone explain that to me.

    If I don't get the 8800 I'm gonna wait and see what the 9xxx series is gonna offer.

  14. #14
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    Quote Originally Posted by Haider
    Check this out guys....a bigger Pearl with a QWERTY keyboard. What do you think?
    I don't think I'd call the Curve "a bigger Peal with a QWERTY keyboard" any more than I'd call an 8800 a "bigger Pearl with a QWERTY keyboard and no camera".

    I could kinda see your statement if "Pearl" meant "Blackberry with camera" in your book but the Curve isn't even styled like the Pearl at all. The 8100, 8300 and 8800 are all counterparts in RIM's three lines. We'll see variants of those three models down the road but these three pretty much define the major lines that RIM has decided to establish.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwolf3481
    Okay, let's get some facts straight here. 1. Cingular is not a bigger company than tmobile. If it wasn't for at&t they would be rather small. Plus you can only find Cingular in the USA, Tmobile is worldwide.
    While we're getting facts straight, TMO and Deutch Telecom are two separate companies so yes, at&t (the wireless company -- not its parent) is larger and it has nothing to do with the at&t formerly known as SBC. I'm just basing this on their respective wireless subscriber counts (which is all that matters when you're comparing wireless carriers based on size).

    Quote Originally Posted by kwolf3481
    2. Cingular may get a lot of phones first, but that is because they pay more to the companies who produce them. Top bid always win.
    Right... and your point is? Cingular pays for exclusives so they get them. That doesn't get TMO more exclusives nor does it make TMO any larger, so... ??

    Quote Originally Posted by kwolf3481
    3. Another reason why Tmobile doesn't jump the gun and get things before the competition is for the fact that all smart phones have bugs. The less they have to deal with because other companies took the phone first and had to do most of the trouble shooting the better. IMO Tmobile is a very wise customer orientated company and is making smart decisions by not takeing the first wave of every new device out there.
    Again, the facts don't support your case. Who had the release exclusives for the 7100 and the Pearl??


    Quote Originally Posted by kwolf3481
    AT&T the parent company owns them all.
    This is moot. The reason Cingular is now at&t is because at&t now owns Bell South, the other majority stakeholder in what was Cingular. In any case, the towers don't belong to any other wireless carrier so they are, for all practical purposes, at&t towers. If at&t (SBC) owns at&t (Cingular) then the distinction is irrelevant. It's not like at&t is leasing tower space from TMO.


    Now whether at&t is "better" is debatable. You can't say that any wireles carrier is "better" than any other in an overall sense unless you're just a fanboy of that particular carrier. Coverage varies from market to market and even within each market. A smart wireless customer has to consider coverage as a top priority (a cell device with no reception is useless no matter what the service price is or the quality of customer service, etc). You have to decide for yourself what's better based on coverage and your personal criteria.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-04-2007 at 01:30 PM.

  15. #15
    imyopusha31's Avatar
    imyopusha31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    35

    Re: New BlackBerry Curve

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm I never once stated "cingular" in my post above. I clearly wrote AT&T. So that fact IS straight. Oh well no biggie.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •