Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It sounds like you have a sim card issue. This happened to me before and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

It sounds like you have a sim card issue. This happened to me before and once the sim was swapped everything was fine.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

iamlife098 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8cop View Post
    It sounds like you have a sim card issue. This happened to me before and once the sim was swapped everything was fine.
    I'm going to see if I give that a try. thx.. I'll let you know if it works..
    An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind. -Kahlil Gibran

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    ask to swap out the SIM card... i actually had this identical thing happen when i bought an 8700 from tmo the day they launched it... waited my 48 hours, and nothing... went through 2-3 weeks of troubleshooting including RIM being involved, and a new SIM card took care of it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It is the SIM card. I had this happen 3 weeks after I bought my 8120 last year.

I went for up to a week being able to surf when I was not at home and unable to use any data at home. My signal kept jumping all over the place from EDGE to edge, etc. I finally got tired of it and took the phone back and got a new SIM card.

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28
    do you have your WIFI on? If so, turn off wifi, do a battery pull and let your 8900 connect to the tmo network first and not the wifi network if thats the case. exact thing happen to me and i turned off wifi and shure enough everthing straightened out when it connected to the tmo network, then you can turn wifi back on.
    ***RIP<3MD***

I'm gonna get a SIM card tomorrow, I'll let everyone know how that works out, I'm hoping it is the SIM card and not the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by islandpinoy View Post
    do you have your WIFI on? If so, turn off wifi, do a battery pull and let your 8900 connect to the tmo network first and not the wifi network if thats the case. exact thing happen to me and i turned off wifi and shure enough everthing straightened out when it connected to the tmo network, then you can turn wifi back on.
    Wifi is off it's been off and still same issue. I just hope it's the SIM card because I've tried almost about everything. I've even put in my 8320's SIM card in the 8900 and nothing still.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by iamlife098 View Post
    I'm gonna get a SIM card tomorrow, I'll let everyone know how that works out, I'm hoping it is the SIM card and not the phone.
    You can go into any TMO store to swap out your sim card and they can transfer any saved info on it to the new card. Explain your story so the don't try to charge you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    You can go into any TMO store to swap out your sim card and they can transfer any saved info on it to the new card. Explain your story so the don't try to charge you for it.
    I'll definitely do that thanks.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    ill sugest wait till monday, i know for my experience that takes more than 48 hrs to be activated if nothing happens then call tmobile and ask them to reactivate your account, can be something wrong on their system, or your plan was added wrong since you can browse the internet using tzones browser, as you know i suppose, if not allow unlees you have a data plan....
    sorry if im not being helpful here but in my opinion it is a tmobile issue more then a phone issue....
    I went with a friend to get his new Blackberry and it was up and running before we got back to his car. I helped him set up his email addresses and he was good to go in no time. 48 hours is too long.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm with Greg. Every BlackBerry I have ever bought whether Verizon or Sprint or ATT or Nextel and they have been fully "active" before I walked out of the store. If it had been more than an hour I would have been back at that store demanding they fix it or replace it. This is some line of BS you are getting fed.
    Last edited by dgburns; 05-17-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I went with a friend to get his new Blackberry and it was up and running before we got back to his car. I helped him set up his email addresses and he was good to go in no time. 48 hours is too long.
    Yeah 48 hrs is too long because when I 1st got my 8320 it was up in runnin in asap. But when I called TMO they said I must wait and give it at least 48 hrs. I been waiting 4 days!

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    U got told by someone to wait 48 hrs and that someone prob never had a bb u got the shaft bro sorry to hear about that

The SIM swap didn't help the issue so I went back to where I got the phone and they exchanged it for a new one.. I love my 8900! Thanks for the help everyone... Oh and TMO network engineer never got back to me...
    An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind. -Kahlil Gibran

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol. Glad you got it working

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast