Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey everyone, hopefully someone can help because I've been driving T-Mobile crazy since Friday. On ... BlackBerry Curve forum

iamlife098 no está en línea Stack level 3

New BlackBerry 8900 Data Plan not working

Advertisement

Hey everyone, hopefully someone can help because I've been driving T-Mobile crazy since Friday.
    On Wednesday I bought myself the BB 8900 and had the sales guy add the BB Data Plan feature.. I didn't receive any msg saying that I am now registered to the BB network so I called T-Mo and they said I must allow at least 48 hours so I did and still NOTHING. I called T-Mo on Friday they don't understand what is going on, we did all types of troubleshooting and still nothing.
    Here's the weird thing my "edge" is lower case and I am able to browse the internet. T-Mo's BB support don't understand that I am able to browse the net when my "edge" is lower case rather then capital... So anyways they transferred me to a network engineer and he said I should be hearing from him hopefully by tomorrow and that they will try to solve this issue.
    I'm at the point where I'm going to just go to where I got the phone and have them exchange it for a new one, but most likely they are going to call T-Mo and do all the troubleshooting I've already done and tell me to have the network engineer call me back.
    If someone is familiar with this issue and can give me some advice into what I should maybe do please help me, Thanks Pinstackers!
    An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind. -Kahlil Gibran

uncleink74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by iamlife098 View Post
    Hey everyone, hopefully someone can help because I've been driving T-Mobile crazy since Friday.
    On Wednesday I bought myself the BB 8900 and had the sales guy add the BB Data Plan feature.. I didn't receive any msg saying that I am now registered to the BB network so I called T-Mo and they said I must allow at least 48 hours so I did and still NOTHING. I called T-Mo on Friday they don't understand what is going on, we did all types of troubleshooting and still nothing.
    Here's the weird thing my "edge" is lower case and I am able to browse the internet. T-Mo's BB support don't understand that I am able to browse the net when my "edge" is lower case rather then capital... So anyways they transferred me to a network engineer and he said I should be hearing from him hopefully by tomorrow and that they will try to solve this issue.
    I'm at the point where I'm going to just go to where I got the phone and have them exchange it for a new one, but most likely they are going to call T-Mo and do all the troubleshooting I've already done and tell me to have the network engineer call me back.
    If someone is familiar with this issue and can give me some advice into what I should maybe do please help me, Thanks Pinstackers!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

uncleink74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ...hey...8900 user... Maybe you should do a hard reset. Turn the unit off, take the battery out, wait 30 seconds or more and replace the batt. make sure to look in your options menu under Mobile Network also...just for starters...

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    couple tricks

go to options, advanced options, host routing table , hit the menu key and select register

then go to manage conections, network options, and make sure that data services is on
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Quote Originally Posted by uncleink74 View Post
    ...hey...8900 user... Maybe you should do a hard reset. Turn the unit off, take the battery out, wait 30 seconds or more and replace the batt. make sure to look in your options menu under Mobile Network also...just for starters...
    I've tried this too alone and w/ T-Mo BB support and still no capital "EDGE" or data plan.I appreciate the help.
    Last edited by iamlife098; 05-17-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    couple tricks

go to options, advanced options, host routing table , hit the menu key and select register

then go to manage conections, network options, and make sure that data services is on
    Yeah I've checked pretty much everything w/ BB support and still no solution.. Thank you I appreciate the help.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by iamlife098 View Post
    Yeah I've checked pretty much everything w/ BB support and still no solution.. Thank you I appreciate the help.
    are you sure that there is no network problems in your area right now? and also have you seted up your account at tmobile web page?
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

are you sure that there is no network problems in your area right now? and also have you seted up your account at tmobile web page?
    I don't know if there's any problems with the network but I believe BB support would've told me.
    I have gone under my acct at mytmo and even sent myself service books there and still nothing. Idk what it could be because it's all so strange, no data plan and no capital edge but yet I can browse the net.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    what you mean with no data plan? sorry im lost in here since you say you can browse the net?

couple more questions
    when you are browsing the net are you using the blackberry browser or the tzones browser or hot spot browser?
    what data plan did you get?

Yeah I have no data plan and the edge on my phone is a lower case edge and I can still browse the net with the t-zone browser. When I open browser it brings me to t-zone but when I click options/go to I can google and whole nine.

I have tmo's bb data plan on my account. But it doesn't work because I can't get emails because when I go to set-up email on my phone it tells me I need a BB data plan when I already have one added to my account. Idk if I am confusing you, but on my tmo account I have the bb data plan but on the phone I don't.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ok, but wich data plan, i mean the unlimited one, web2go, or a email only plan, that can mak a big difference and can explaing why you are on edge instead or EDGE

I have the bb unlimited plan.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ill sugest wait till monday, i know for my experience that takes more than 48 hrs to be activated if nothing happens then call tmobile and ask them to reactivate your account, can be something wrong on their system, or your plan was added wrong since you can browse the internet using tzones browser, as you know i suppose, if not allow unlees you have a data plan....
    sorry if im not being helpful here but in my opinion it is a tmobile issue more then a phone issue....

ill sugest wait till monday, i know for my experience that takes more than 48 hrs to be activated if nothing happens then call tmobile and ask them to reactivate your account, can be something wrong on their system, or your plan was added wrong since you can browse the internet using tzones browser, as you know i suppose, if not allow unlees you have a data plan....
    sorry if im not being helpful here but in my opinion it is a tmobile issue more then a phone issue....
    I'm gonna just wait for tmo to call me bk. Thx for the help thou

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast