I am a new BB user (switched from Treo) and just got my 8320. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sagebrandon no está en línea Stack level 1

New BB User, New 8320

Advertisement

I am a new BB user (switched from Treo) and just got my 8320. I have a couple very basic questions. First, when new emails arrive, how do I get the BB to vibrate or alarm me? Right now I get no announcement of any kind, I occasionally look down and have a new email. Second, I was getting emails fine at my house last night and now today I am at my office and they are not coming. I have recieved some emails on my computer but they are not being sent to my BB. If someone has an idea on this, please reply. Thanks!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: New BB User, New 8320

Welcome to the "Stacks" and the BB WORLD!!!

Go under Profiles, the profile that shows "Active" and then change your Message & SMS tones. Also, if you are at your office and use Outlook, let's say, if you have Outlook open and do not have "Leave Messages on Server for "X" days" in your Outlook settings, the email will not get pushed to your BB. Once the email is downloaded off of your work server, the BIS has no mail to push to you because it was already removed from the server.

I hope that helps and I didn't confuse you more. You can find alot of answers to your questions by clicking on the FAQ & Guides link at the top of the site.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Thanks alot. I just went in and changed all the alerts for the different applications I will use. The email answer makes sense. Thanks a lot!

OK, so I got the alerts changed and thought I had the email working but it is acting very strange. I recieved an email on my BB, replied to it, then that person replied back and it went to my computer (I use Entourage) and not my BB. It had plenty of time to get to my BB before Entrourage got it (I have it set to standard every 9 minutes). I also had a friend downstairs send me an email to test it and the same thing happened. Any ideas?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Well if you are using BIS, RIM polls the email server every 15 minutes. Once it locates an email, it pushes it to your device. Then it will poll every 2 minutes until it goes through a 2 minute polling and finds nothing to push. Then it will reset to the 15 minute polling until it locates another email to push.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that makes sense. Thanks