hi all. Just purchased a new bb 8300 and having problems syncing with outlook (2000). ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gmcaree no está en línea Stack level 1

new bb 8300 curve user, sync question

Advertisement

hi all. Just purchased a new bb 8300 and having problems syncing with outlook (2000). I had been using a palm treo
    and used palm software. I have all my info. in the treo and want to transfer it to bb. I found out bb does not support outlook 2000. I would prefer not to give mr gates any more money. Anyone have any suggestions ?
    ty

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcaree View Post
    hi all. Just purchased a new bb 8300 and having problems syncing with outlook (2000). I had been using a palm treo
    and used palm software. I have all my info. in the treo and want to transfer it to bb. I found out bb does not support outlook 2000. I would prefer not to give mr gates any more money. Anyone have any suggestions ?
    ty
    In the desktop manager go to sync-under configuration select syncronization- go to the right side and select syncronization- when you get select device option-check the box for calendar and it will give you the option to select what software to sync with-select office-repeat for the rest-follow the rest and select apply- than resync your phone and you should be ok
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Not sure if it will work with Palm software, but the Desktop Manager has a feature called Device Switch Wizard. If it's compatible, you can transfer your stuff off the Treo to the BlackBerry.

::edit:: According to the linked tutorial, it will work with Palm software.

conedude13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    if you are able to get your palm info into outlook 2k but then not able to get it from outlook to bb then you could try going from outlook to google and then use google synch to go from google to bb.

or you can try sending everything to outlook express. the palm and bb should be able to both work with outlook express.