Picked up a new (spare) battery (RIM OEM) for my 8300. Unfortunately, when I install ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Gsscws no está en línea Stack level 1

New Battery - Zero Charge??

Picked up a new (spare) battery (RIM OEM) for my 8300. Unfortunately, when I install it, even with the phone plugged into the charger, the phone will not boot up. The rep. (at an internet accessory dealer) says that I need to charge the battery for at least 6 hours.

My question is do RIM batteries really come with zero charge and shouldn't the phone boot up when plugged into the charger??

thanks for any info

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me

Re : New Battery - Zero Charge??

Depending how long he had it in store, but since it's for the curve, looks like it has been used before
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it

cwax no está en línea BES Pro

Re: New Battery - Zero Charge??

It still needs a little bit of charge to boot up, whether the charger is plugged in or not

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: New Battery - Zero Charge??

It wouldn't surprise me to that it has zero charge, every single Curve we get at the store has only had about 10% or so on the battery, we've been charging them up when we get them but it's a pain.

With all phones, if the battery is compleatly dead it usually takes about 10-15 minutes or so for it to build up enough of a charge to turn on and stay on.