I just a got a brand new 8330 from Sprint and I love it, but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dr_devious no está en línea Themes Pro

New 8330 and the Back button is making a sticky sound?

Advertisement

I just a got a brand new 8330 from Sprint and I love it, but my back button makes a sticky noise after I press it. Sounds like a sticker is under the button. Will this go away or do I need to get this swapped out?
    Last edited by dr_devious; 05-28-2008 at 08:29 PM.

lize2285 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've had two new 8330's in the last week (dont ask) and neither of mine had this "sticky" problem, so i would get it switched before its too late

I went to our service center here locally and they said they would swap it out when they get some more Curves

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    i love when a new device gets released and they dont have the supply to keep up with the demand. aggravating lol
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic View Post
    i love when a new device gets released and they dont have the supply to keep up with the demand. aggravating lol
    yeah, how is that possible with all the promos they do on tv? You would think they would have plenty of phones

The Button came off last night and I called every store in the area and no one has the Curve in stock. I went into the Service Center and they said they could not even order a replacement since there weren't any in their "warehouse." So I called telesales and retentions; they both said I would have to send mine back wait for it to be received before I could get another or pay for another and then send mine back and wait for a credit! This is rediculous! I am thinking about trying to just superglue the button back on

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    I would do that and then exchange it when they have some in at a local store.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I actually did super glue it on and it feels better and more solid that is did before....we will see how long it lasts. I am on two waiting lists at both local service centers. With TEP on my account I am not too worried...it will get replaced one way or another.

rkjunior no está en línea Stack level 2
    rim will do an exchange overnight - just send it to them.,
    I work for one of the "big three"

eah523 no está en línea Stack level 1
    the warehouse is very slim with the curve. they have them on order but it will be awhile by the time they get them back in. it's been frustrating. it would be nice is parts were available too.

rkjunior no está en línea Stack level 2
    keep in mind, the stores are dependent on receiving parts from RIM. a lot of the seed stock at S&R are refurbs -- the unit just came out, so not having any refurbs in stock makes sense.
    I work for one of the "big three"

blackberrymomma no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2428C1FD
    Mine had that problem in the beginning, it seems to have stopped now, maybe it was the newness factor

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    that sounds weird but maybe the button was made a little too snug and needed to be worked in
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.