Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got a new 8330 to replace my 8830, and I am not getting all ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

New 8330 Email Problem

Advertisement

Just got a new 8330 to replace my 8830, and I am not getting all of my emails sent to me, most come through but some don't make it, any solutions? Thanks
    Last edited by bbueding; 08-06-2008 at 09:31 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Did you use the Switch Device Wizard application on the Desktop Manager? Have you tried resending service books from your BIS account?

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Just tried resending service books, will see if that helps. Thanks

Sometimes you even need to delete and then re-add the e-mail accounts to the BIS.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Im having thw same problem with my work email on my curve. It will vaildate, but on the next email push, it will always say that it cannot contact the email server of my job. I have deleted and re-entered the info from the BIS site but still the same thing. Im more than sure that this is an issue with my jobs email server than anything. Because my wife's, who just got the curve yesterday, when i changed her email accounts over, there was no problem at all. My home (comcast) email account works without a problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    Im having thw same problem with my work email on my curve. It will vaildate, but on the next email push, it will always say that it cannot contact the email server of my job. I have deleted and re-entered the info from the BIS site but still the same thing. Im more than sure that this is an issue with my jobs email server than anything. Because my wife's, who just got the curve yesterday, when i changed her email accounts over, there was no problem at all. My home (comcast) email account works without a problem though.
    Charlie, did you ever get the work e-mail working or has it never worked?

Can you access your work e-mail via Outlook Web Access, and is that how you've set it up through your BIS?

PIN/ID
    skdck
    yes my previous phone was the 7100i. I had no problems at all. When i upgraded to the curve, was when i couldnt get to it. And i can always get it throught outlook web access. Its just that when my BB tried to get the mail from work i always get that message. Im more than sure that its not a problem with the actual phone, maybe with the sprint BB server or my jobs mail server.
    When i configured my wifes phone last night, I told her that she might now get her work email to the phone, but lo and behold it worked for her, she received all 40 email messages from work (thats what happens when she decided to take the day off). Then i was like WTH??
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 08-06-2008 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    yes my previous phone was the 7100i. I had no problems at all. When i upgraded , was when i couldnt get to it. And i can always get it throught outlook web access. Its just that when my BB tried to get the mail from work i always get that message.
    Okay, cool. Could be that something has changed with your work's OWA settings. Check with the IT department to see if maybe they changed the server name or something. You said it validated okay, though, right? They might have added another layer of security. Check this info and see if there's something in here that might help you:

If the This is a work email account option is selected, complete these steps:
    1. Select I will provide the settings to add this email account if you access the account using POP or IMAP settings. Click Next.
    2. Type the messaging server name, the user name, and the correct password (Microsoft Outlook Web Access URL and Mailbox Name for a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account) in the appropriate fields. Click Next.
    POP or IMAP

Microsoft Outlook Web Access

If the following message is displayed, the integration is complete. Click OK.

FYI, I used the POP or IMAP method to connect to my work e-mail. Which one are you using?

PIN/ID
    skdck
    well, due to the fact that im under sprint. the option i have when setting up my work email account is :
    email address:
    password:
    confirm password:

i can edit it after validation, and under the advanced tab my options are :
    email server name:
    account name:

and it tells me the default timeout.
    Thats all..

This is IMAP because everything is kept on the server. Compared to POP when everything is downloaded to me then deleted from the server.
    Also i dont have the option to use pop or imap.
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 08-06-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Do you have anything filled in for email server name or account name?

PIN/ID
    skdck
    yeah when i fill out the first page and get the validation message, under the advance tab everything is already filled out for me.
    i even tested out the server name to be sure its correct and it worked from my web browser. And of course the account name is correct.

Okay, then I've exhausted my ideas. You'll need to check with your IT department to see if they can help you solve the puzzle. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

One more thought.......Do you have a box in Advanced Options for SSL, and if so, is it checked or unchecked?

PIN/ID
    skdck
    nope, i dont have that option. Sprint kept it very basic for us. unfortunately.
    Thanks anyways for your time. I will most likely call our IT dept to see whats going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast