So I just bought a 8320 second hand (as well as an 8100 for my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

yesimag no está en línea Stack level 2

New 8320 owner, got a few issues...

Advertisement

So I just bought a 8320 second hand (as well as an 8100 for my gf) and I love it. Been tinkering around with it quite a bit but I've got a few questions that some of you vets might be able to help with.

The first is cosmetic I know, but its bugging me. The piece behind the battery cover that covers the camera lense and flash seems to be missing. I am correct in assuming that there should be a plastic piece to cover this? Is there any way I could obtain a replacement?

Second, I can't seem to get packet data working. I'm a t-mobile customer and I paid the $5.99 a month extra for unlimited packet data, but when I'm outside wifi range the only thing I can get is t-zones web sites. The google maps application won't work at all, and opera will only work when I have wifi access. I'm guessing it has something to do with the configuration of the data network and I tried adding wap.voicestream.com under "advanced options > tcp" as someone suggested, but it didn't work.

T-mobile so far has been less than helpful in fixing the problem and passed the blame onto my "second-hand device."

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think the full internet blackberry plan is $20 a month like I have. I had the $5.99 one when I had a dumb phone lol

My 4 different 8100's never had a cover over the lense.it has a cover on the phone itself, but not on the back cover.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ok thanks, just seemed a bit weird to me. My old nokia had a clear plastic piece on the battery cover which protected the lens from pocket lint and whatnot. I guess that would explain why it took such shitty pictures though.

Ya, when you buy it new there is a plastic cover you have to take off, but I leave it on until it makes pictures fuzzy. Lol
    This is my first phone that didn't have it either.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    For your data issues, you will need a BlackBerry data plan, which is more expensive. You won't be able to use your BB fully without it.

I personally use the BlackBerry Minutes and Mail plan. Fits my needs perfectly.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Tmobile only has one BB internet plan that I know of. $20 for unlimited internet and data.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by yesimag View Post
    So I just bought a 8320 second hand (as well as an 8100 for my gf) and I love it. Been tinkering around with it quite a bit but I've got a few questions that some of you vets might be able to help with.

The first is cosmetic I know, but its bugging me. The piece behind the battery cover that covers the camera lense and flash seems to be missing. I am correct in assuming that there should be a plastic piece to cover this? Is there any way I could obtain a replacement?

Second, I can't seem to get packet data working. I'm a t-mobile customer and I paid the $5.99 a month extra for unlimited packet data, but when I'm outside wifi range the only thing I can get is t-zones web sites. The google maps application won't work at all, and opera will only work when I have wifi access. I'm guessing it has something to do with the configuration of the data network and I tried adding wap.voicestream.com under "advanced options > tcp" as someone suggested, but it didn't work.

T-mobile so far has been less than helpful in fixing the problem and passed the blame onto my "second-hand device."

With 5.99 you only get the tmobile web not blackberry data

sixgunt no está en línea Stack level 1
    As a tmobile emploey I know that u will have to get the 20 bucks a moth plan in order for any. Data feature to work an there has never been a cover over the lens

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    There is internet email only for $9.99, unlimited email and BB internet for $19.99 and TMO Hotspot for $9.99. The hotspot allows you to pick up wifi at hotspots and if you have a router at home, your mins for calling and receiving calls are free when on UMA. You can add any of these options yourself by going to the website.

Ok thanks for the clarification guys. The tmo representative obviously didn't know her *** from a headphone jack.

Quote Originally Posted by yesimag View Post
    Ok thanks for the clarification guys. The tmo representative obviously didn't know her *** from a headphone jack.
    Glad we could help

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    The Bold will have a clear plastic lint cover screen thing for the camera! you could probably do a mod to put one on the Curve/Pearl, with some transparent plastic and KRAYZEE glue.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    the camera lens is not covered on the curve you can get an otterbox phone carrier it covers the lense, however the pictures will be fuzzy
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

rbktouhey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yesimag, I"m thinking about buying a 8320 to replace my 8100... The 8100 doesn't get good reception in my opinion. Not sure if it the model or just my phone. I'm wondering how your 8320 and 8100 compare as far as signal strength ?

D