I just bought and am installing software on my 8320. When I browse and try ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pbbjr no está en línea Stack level 2

New 8320 - old Pearl apps won't install

Advertisement

I just bought and am installing software on my 8320. When I browse and try to install alx files using the Application Loader Wizard, I keep getting the error message: No additional applications designed for your device were found

This happens with NextAction, Voicerecorder+, timetracker, viigo, etc. It happens on 2 different computers.

Any ideas?

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6

Re: New 8320 - old Pearl apps won't install

Have you upgraded to the most recent Desktop Manager? There's a link for it when you log into your tmobile account.

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by pbbjr
    I just bought and am installing software on my 8320. When I browse and try to install alx files using the Application Loader Wizard, I keep getting the error message: No additional applications designed for your device were found

This happens with NextAction, Voicerecorder+, timetracker, viigo, etc. It happens on 2 different computers.

Any ideas?
    I use Viigo and it does a fine job. It does get confused between "Internet Browser" and "WiFi Browser". I can't see a diff in the BB browser but it appears that if you bookmark a site while on Wifi then it sets the Wifi Browser flag and won't work when not connected to a wifi hotspot .. unless you edit the bookmark file and change the popdown for the browser. It should switch automatically but doesn't.

You also DO NOT want to restore the Global settings from another BB like the Pearl to your 8320 or weird crap happens. You'll have to resend the service books if you do.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

The Viigo I'm trying to install is one I just downloaded from Handango. Supposedly, it works on a Curve, but I get the message I mentioned when I try to load it.

I'm on hold with TMO right now. I re-sent the Service Books. I was able to install Google Maps, Gmail and Google Apps Mail and Opera Mini 4 beta to my Curve.

The Viigo I'm trying to install is one I just downloaded from Handango. Supposedly, it works on a Curve, but I get the message I mentioned when I try to load it.

I'm on hold with TMO right now. I re-sent the Service Books. I was able to install Google Maps, Gmail and Google Apps Mail and Opera Mini 4 beta to my Curve.

Ah. I mis-read. I installed Viigo via OTA. :/

Sorry.
    --

Do you have a link to install Viigo via OTA?

Do you have a link to install Viigo via OTA?
    If you go into the BB browser and go the default home page it will point you to BB's down site. It's listed under there. That's where I got it.

There are a ton more things on that page as well .. just no themes. :/
    --

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

Any ideas?

I have the same problem! I have already upgraded the desktop software and rebooted my laptop. I can't figure this out. Please help! I had an 8700g.

regsiemens no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem with an 8310 Curve...would also appreciate a solution.

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

errr.. applications designed for certain screen sizes and o/s's will not necessarily work on different screen sizes and o/s's. For example: Viigo running on an 8700, with O/S 4.0, will NOT work on an 8820 running 4.2.2. So if you backed up an old device's content and tried to load it onto a newer device, you'll likely run into some issues.

I highly recommend you visit http://getviigo.com from your BlackBerry device, to update your version of Viigo.

Good luck,
    Pete