I have it charging right now so while it is doing that, I have a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

New 8310 just arrived!!!

Advertisement

I have it charging right now so while it is doing that, I have a couple of questions.

I have a Desktop Manager installed for when I had the refurb 8300 last week. Will that work with the 8310 also? I am assuming they will but just want to make sure.

Also, how do I uninstall the Telenav program? I will never use it because I don't want to pay $10/mth for it. Or do I just have to hide it? I would prefer to use Google or Blackberry maps. So how do install them? Oh and do they have to be saved on the phone or can they be saved on the memory card? I just have a 1G memory card.

And, once they are installed, what is the next step? Just select the GPS function?

Blackberry needs to work on their manuals they send with a phone. Or is that AT&T's fault? It is not very informative. It does not even tell you how to send a ringtone, which I know how to do, but still. It just hits the high points I guess.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: New 8310 just arrived!!!

Yep, Desktop Manager will work fine with the new one.

To uninstall telenav try going Options \ Adv. Options \ Applications and see if you can locate it there, if so hit the menu button (left of the pearl, right of the green send key) then select delete. If not you can check Options \ Adv. Options \ Service Book - make sure there is nothing under here for Telenav.

They (applications) must be saved to the device, not the memory card. No option for that.

Yeah that is what this site is for... to fill in the blanks of the manual
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    just ask

Thanks! I can't wait for the phone to charge! LOL

BTw, I know I read somewhere what the LED colors mean but I can't find it now. Do you know? I know on the 8300 it blinked red when I had a new message. I would like to find that link again, if I could.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Congrats TN, enjoy your new toy

I think the LED colors are only for the pearl.. not sure though.

EDT:: oh nevermind, I thought your talking about the trackball colors lol
    Last edited by flash24; 11-23-2007 at 07:40 PM.

PIN/ID
    just ask

Thanks! I am enjoying it. I had a refurbished 8300 but it was possessed so I only got to play with it for a day or so. So far so good on the new 8310!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Your status LED will only blink red. Although you can turn on the coverage indicator which will be green constantly if you have coverage. Total waste of power in my opinion.

There is a program that will let you assign colors for different messages. Blackberry Alerts is what its called and can be found at www.handango.com. Its one of my favorite apps.

Gopod luck and let us know if you have any more questions.

PIN/ID
    just ask

That is probably what I saw.

I just downloaded a free game from Blackberry.com, now how do I get it to my phone? LOL

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987

You'd have to use desktop manager to load the game. I think there should be a tutorial on how to install the software via desktop manager within here somewhere however what I do is just go to the site on my Blackberry itself and this way you can download it OTA(Over the Air) and so it installs on your BB automatically. It's a lot less hassle. And the three colour for the LED are green: Coverage, Red : Message and Blue : Bluetooth

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Your LED will also blink blue if you have a bluethooth device linked with your BB

jarambulo no está en línea Stack level 1

Enjoy it!

PIN/ID
    just ask

I am so far! I am still learning all the features and what to do, but I do love it!

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by TNgal22 View Post
    I have it charging right now so while it is doing that, I have a couple of questions.

I have a Desktop Manager installed for when I had the refurb 8300 last week. Will that work with the 8310 also? I am assuming they will but just want to make sure.

Also, how do I uninstall the Telenav program? I will never use it because I don't want to pay $10/mth for it. Or do I just have to hide it? I would prefer to use Google or Blackberry maps. So how do install them? Oh and do they have to be saved on the phone or can they be saved on the memory card? I just have a 1G memory card.

And, once they are installed, what is the next step? Just select the GPS function?

Blackberry needs to work on their manuals they send with a phone. Or is that AT&T's fault? It is not very informative. It does not even tell you how to send a ringtone, which I know how to do, but still. It just hits the high points I guess.
    Yes, it will work fine.

It's not already installed, it's just an Icon. All you have to do is just hide the icon. To use Telenav you still have to download the app. No charges will apply to telenav unless you actually click the icon, go through the agreement and download the app. You're safe on that one. If you want to use google maps just download and use away. Google maps can be download directly through your bb browser at http://www.google.com/gmm and the same applies to Blackberry maps which can be downloaded at http://mobile.blackberry.com in your BB browser. Both are free. They must be installed on the phone memory, they will not install to or run from the sd card.

Once they are installed just click on the icon and they will automatically find the internal GPS. When you are done with the app make sure you actually hit menu and then "close" or "exit" otherwise it will just go to the background and continue to suck the battery down really fast.

As for the manual thing, they didn't really include much of a manual because it's on the phone. Just look for an Icon that looks like a question mark and click on that. It will take you to all the manual you need.

As for the changing the led color thing. Your best bet to separate it out is going to be an app like Reddog187 mentioned somewhere else in this thread. Red means new unread message and blue is for connected bluetooth. Flashing green is charging. The coverage indicator is just a waste of battery.

If there is anything else just ask.

Tucker

shinemont no está en línea Stack level 1

hi guys. im very new to blackberry. just got my curve the other night. given by a friend. anyways, i tried installing some trial apps, games & themes using pocketMac. problem now is i cannot seem to uninstall them using pocketmac. i also tried deleting it in advance options/ applications but cannot seem to see any of them.. can anyone suggest any other method to remove these trial apps & themes? thanks a lot!

jdchamp31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A7ED37

Under applications I would try looking for modules and then see if those programs are modules.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~