Firstly, I'd like it a lot if somebody can give me a link for free ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ttz
    ttz no está en línea Stack level 1

needed free AIM & MSN download for 8310

Advertisement

Firstly, I'd like it a lot if somebody can give me a link for free aim & msn programs...or even a multi-account program like ebuddy (which still doesn't provide for BB as yet). and do i have to download it from my BB, or can i dl it through my desktop browser?

I live in Australia, so does downloading applications work for my 8310 even if it is on an australian service provider?

pleaseee helppp!!

Cron99 no está en línea Stack level 3

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    FYI, note that some of the apps on there are not free.. (i.e. JiveTalk). I know that Ramble IM is free...

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3
    EQO mobile is free go to www.eqo.com with your computer to setup an account it will walk you through asking what device you have then it will ask for you cell # just enter and a txt will be sent that you can download the software OTA for it. This also has a great internation LD calling rate but doesn't charge you for the messenger. This only works with the messenger side of these not for email

Mako5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Webmessenger is now free
    http://www.webmessenger.com

reyes421 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448519C
    I have ATT and when I went to their MediaNet page, it had a link for the IM's. I don't know specifically the name of the app, but I downloaded it, and it has all 3 messengers(MSN, AIM, and Yahoo) included. It's free and works fine for me.

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    yeah i have ATT also, just got web messenger last nite i like it waaaaaaay better than Ramble. i use my IMs to text ppls cells sometimes, and when you do thet (1+area code+phone#) it would not show up on Ramble. all my buddies show up on web messenger and seems a little smoother than ramble.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

adventurer no está en línea Stack level 1
    does webmessenger use data or SMS to work?

mike2161 no está en línea Stack level 1

AIM & MSN Messenger for Blackberry 8310

Hi ttz, I have successfully configured my BB 8310 with AIM and MSN Messenger. I have done all this in Sydney. Howevr, I dont know where a free MultiMessenger program can be found. I used the software from the following link http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...rm=bb&ref=bfbb
    I am still on the 30 day trial but it works quite well so far.
    Steps you need to take to get your BB loaded with this program is to download the file and save it on your PC in a folder called, BB (suggested example).
    Next step is to unzip the files in the same folder.
    Next step is to load and run the BB Desktop Manager Program. Select cancel when prompted for an Outlook Profile.
    Make sure your BB is connected via USB cable.
    The application will open and then click on the Application Loader Icon.
    You may be prompted to enter your password if you have one. (Select the USB connection method).
    The next window you will see will be a list of Software that your BB has, such as Yahoo Messenger. Note, you must have a Data plan with your Telco company for this to work. I bought my BB from Vodafone and had it unlocked for use with an Asian Telco Provider.
    Click on Add and select the unzipped files you downloaded earlier.
    Click next. The software will self install and your BB may reset a couple of times during this process.
    Next step is to disconnect your BB from the USB connection and go to the APplications page. You will find a small Yello Icon labelled im+.
    Select the im+ icon and follow all the prompts. This software also gives you "test" email accounts to play with until you get it right. It took me 10 minutes to get AIM and MSN Messenger working. Remember, the MSN address must include the @hotmail.com extension or similar, and the aim is just your account name excluding the @aim.com

Good luck.

wakedown no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm still hunting... I see a couple clients I didn't see before in this thread, but what's the best IM client for the 8310?

YankeeGrlC no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by reyes421 View Post
    I have ATT and when I went to their MediaNet page, it had a link for the IM's. I don't know specifically the name of the app, but I downloaded it, and it has all 3 messengers(MSN, AIM, and Yahoo) included. It's free and works fine for me.
    I have at+t too, but I can't find aim under media net. Could you help me?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by wakedown View Post
    I'm still hunting... I see a couple clients I didn't see before in this thread, but what's the best IM client for the 8310?
    Welcome, JiveTalk is the Best: http://beejive.com/download/index.php

vietalogy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2433c92a
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Welcome, JiveTalk is the Best: http://beejive.com/download/index.php
    its the best but not free its well worth the money.