I must be one of the luckiest guys on the planet... Just bumped into a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID

Need your Help Stackers!!

Advertisement

I must be one of the luckiest guys on the planet... Just bumped into a random lady out grabbing a bite to eat @ lunch... I work for nTelos so she asked me about phones & service, and told me she just cancelled her service with T-Mobile. Well she informs me she doesn't know what to do about the 2 new BlackBerry devices she just received 2 days ago. I advised sending them back... she said they wouldn't, then she says... I'll sell them both to your for $75!!!! Of course I almost wet myself at the thought... Well needless to say I forked over the $75 and I'm now the proud owner of two BNIB BlackBerry Curve 8900 for T-Mobile...

Here's my question... should I unlock one and activate it on my AT&T account? Should I sell them both and if so how much? I've sold me Curve and another device here... but not something nearly as new as the 8900. So I have no idea how much to sell the m for. I'm reaching out to the Stacks for help with what to do....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Two for 75.00? I'll give you 75.00 for one of 'em!

Seriously, you could get at LEAST 2-300.00 for them, unlocked.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    stuff like this NEVER happens for me Let us know when you find your 4 leaf clover!! CONGRATS man.... Keep one and share the love by giving a GREAT deal to a fellow stacker
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Personally I would sell them and get the new 9700 or the storm 2
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Hopefully they're not hot.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Hopefully they're not hot.
    I was just thinking the same thing. First thing I would do is call and make sure they a clear.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm with Jeff........I would sell both and go to at&t to get the 9700!

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    This sounds like a big fat sacm of some sort. The devices are most likely stolen and she gave you the sob story of for some reason not being able to return these devices.

It doesn't make sense, case1 they sent her two free blackberries and they won't take them back when she offers to send them back. Case2 she bought them and therefore would know how much they are worth, yet still sold them for $37.50 a piece. I'm going with they are stolen because both cases make no sense.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Nah the lady showed me her contract and both phones.. still in the box... no scam... I thought the same thing...
    Definitely not stolen... I checked that out first... All I know is she cancelled with T-Mobile and got new service somewhere else and I got 'em for $75... I'm probably going to sell one here on the stacks soon as I get it unlocked.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I agree with jag if you're going to sell one of them. Pay it forward and offer up a smokin' deal for someone here, or wherever you decide to sell it.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Glad to hear they are not HoT. What about helping out a family member and handing one to them? That would a nice gesture also. After all you did get a killer deal. They don't have to know all that stuff anyway.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Now that's what I call an awesome case of being in the right place at the right time!

I agree srl7741. If there is someone in your family or maybe a close friend you may have I say share in your close community. Not to take away from the stacks but sharing something like that with someone close to you who may have an interest in blackberry would just be a really cool thing to do! I have a lot of friends I'd like to introduce to the blackberry world but times are tight and it's to run into deals like that.