Hi, I don't know what I was thinking... just like the "delete PTT" method, I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Need your urgent help: deleted camera app and can't add it back

Advertisement

Hi,

I don't know what I was thinking... just like the "delete PTT" method, I was thinking I'll try to remove the Camera app and replace it with a tweaked version.
    So I deleted net_rim_bb_camera.cod from the Loader Files folders and Desktop Manager removed the camera app from my 8300.

Ok, now I was thinking lets first try to put it back (the original file), so I reinstalled the device files (re-downloaded from BB's website and run it), and when I started Desktop Manager it told me an updated OS is available. So I went through the Update OS process, and after 30 minutes or so it was complete.

But... still no Camera app! :-|

Now I'm freaking out... I re-run the Update OS wizard and when I click on Details for the BB OS module and scroll through the list (see attached image) it seems it is not listed (probably because it identified it is "not already installed").

Any idea how I might be able to get it back onto my BlackBerry?

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ix.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: Need your urgent help: deleted camera app and can't add it back

wipe Handheld and do a factory restore on the BB, just make sure to do a back up 1st.
    "Make It Count" R.I.P. Jay D ~ 6-25-05

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ixtab
    Hi,

I don't know what I was thinking... just like the "delete PTT" method, I was thinking I'll try to remove the Camera app and replace it with a tweaked version.
    So I deleted net_rim_bb_camera.cod from the Loader Files folders and Desktop Manager removed the camera app from my 8300.

Ok, now I was thinking lets first try to put it back (the original file), so I reinstalled the device files (re-downloaded from BB's website and run it), and when I started Desktop Manager it told me an updated OS is available. So I went through the Update OS process, and after 30 minutes or so it was complete.

But... still no Camera app! :-|

Now I'm freaking out... I re-run the Update OS wizard and when I click on Details for the BB OS module and scroll through the list (see attached image) it seems it is not listed (probably because it identified it is "not already installed").

Any idea how I might be able to get it back onto my BlackBerry?

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ix.
    When you go back into the redownloaded alx file does the camera cod file show up?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Hello ixtab and Welcome to PinStack. Could you provide us more info on what OS you are using?

What I would recommend is a complete wipe using JL_cmder http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452
    then do an OS reinstall
    using the latest OS here for the Curve:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ne_v4_2_a.html
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Thank you all!

Eddie, when I go back into the new Loader folder I do see the net_rim_bb_camera.cod file and it also has a valid entry in the new BlackBerry.alx that came with the build.

Lavagirl, I was trying to re-apply the latest AT&T OS, but if that doesn't work (am currently trying again), I will backup and try your links.

Thanks again for the quick help. Will keep you posted.

Ix

Lavagirl, on the link (Vodafone) you sent me there are two files. Which one should I use?
    and is this version newer than the Optus version found here? http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...obile_pty.html

Thanks!

Software For BlackBerry Curve 8300 (TM) BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.265 (Chinese)

Package Version: 4.2.2.265
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.2.146
    • Software Platform: 2.4.0.62
    • File name: 8300CJK_PBr4.2.2_rel265_PL2.4.0.62_A4.2.2.146_Smar tone_Vodafone.exe
    • File size: 74.67MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.222 (East Asia)

Package Version: 4.2.2.222
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.2.114
    • Software Platform: 2.4.0.53
    • File name: 8300CJK_PBr4.2.2_rel222_PL2.4.0.53_A4.2.2.114_Smar Tone_Vodafone.exe
    • File size: 74.83MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

I'm happy to report that installing the Optus version (that was before I saw lavagirl's post) fixed it and now I have the camera app back. Strange.

Now that I have the Optus version on, any good reason to reflash with the Vodafone one? or are the pretty much similar/close?

Thanks again! great community.
    Ix.