I appreciate the help you all give. My phone just does not ring loud enough. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vtx1300s no está en línea Stack level 1

need to increase ringer volume

Advertisement

I appreciate the help you all give. My phone just does not ring loud enough. I have the profiles set to loud and I have activated the enhanced sound control. When the phone rings, I try and use the volume controls on the side to increase the volume of the ring, but that does not seem to work. I have missed calls because of this. Is there a solution or is that the way the phone is. I have a Curve on Sprint. I also have two ringers that I downloaded myself that I have assigned to two contacts, those are very low.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    You can download a program that could make your ringers louder. That's if you use your own MP3 ringers. If so then you can download the program I have called "Audacity".

Link: www.audacity.com

There are other programs out there, but I've been using this way before I had a BB.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I do have an audio program for music I create and I pretty much peaked the volume on the ringers I put on the curve, however the overall volume level is just way low for the device in general. My old phone, at least, had a way to up the volume better. Since I am a totally novice BB owner, I am hoping there is something I am not doing to correct this dilema.

PIN/ID
    Are you running 4.5 OS? I'm running 4.5 and it brought my ringer volume down as well. I don't think there is a way around it.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

I'm running the latest version, yes. I hope this really is my problem and not a problem for everyone, because I don't see how people could hear their phone walking a city street, for example.

PIN/ID
    Anyone running 4.5 has that issue. I got use to mine to the point where I can actually hear it when walking the city streets.

---

--HeavyC.

gee, I certainly hope there is a fix for this, totally not good for me.

NewYorkChic no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use cool edit to do my ringers, but when i peek up the volume it only plays loud when i go to the ringtone folder when i set it as a ringer it is not as loud

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    Audacity FTW! You can make them as loud as you like using whatever sound you want. Its free, opensource, and mac/pc friendly!

just upload via usb!

NewYorkChic no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have audacity too...I've used it but the ringer is still low on the fone

wrwrx no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've also looked all over the place trying to figure out this glitch. and the ONLY solution i have found to work as a sidestep is to use ringo. it keeps the original level of all the custom ringers. unfortunately ringo wasnt originally designed for the BB. it was ported over from WM devices. BLAH....

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    in audacity did you raise the volume levels significantly?

i only ask because in some of my first sound projects i made with audacity, i didnt yet know the levels things really end up needing to be. Also when using audacity you shout use headphones, not speakers for the best judgment on the file.

codee no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've had a Nextel my entire time I had a phone before my berry, and those phones are so loud you usually keep the ringer around half at the most. That being said the curve all the way up is embarrasing at best, and uf you use software to increase the volume of the ringer it just sounds distorted. The same exact file is almost ear piercing on a nextel i880, decent on the pearl and inadequate on the curve unfortunately...I use vib most the time now to combat the problem. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~