Two months ago I decided to park my Palm TX for a device that claimed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jtbusfield no está en línea Stack level 1

Need to constantly reset

Advertisement

Two months ago I decided to park my Palm TX for a device that claimed it would do all the Palm did and have a phone, email, and Internet w/o a WiFi connection. Plus I was tired of regularly rebooting the Palm - one or twice a week.

So now I only have to reboot 4 -10 times a day! The BB 8330 hangs (that spinning hour glass icon is the most popular screen on the BB) whether I am trying to check email, text, or perform local applications like music or videos. Not always, but enough to be very aggravating. Like when I am trying to text home as the door of the plane is closing to let my wife know when the plane is leaving and thus when it is landing. It locks and I do not have the time for the reset process before "Turn off all electronic devices" is announced!

I have removed all extraneous applications, limited apps to Opera Mini, Accuweather, and Google primarily. I regularly clear the memory cache and I installed QuickPull to reboot during the night. I have resent the service books and returned to only the supplied theme - deleting all others. My BB still locks up several times a day. Is this normal? If not any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Joe B.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    My first question would be what operating system is your Curve currently running. (Options/about then the third line down..(i.e) 4.5.0.xxx.)

This is not common at all for the 8330 in my experience. Just sounds like maybe you are running an older OS and need to update. Also make sure if you have an SD card all your pics, vids,ringtones etc... are stored there and not on the device. You can also try Alt+LGLG and clearing your log files.

Check your free memory as well by going to options/status and third line down.

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    It is not normal. My 8330 is very fast. If you are sure its not a memory problem then I agree to check your os first. The curve is in my opinion the most reliable bberry to date. Don't give up on it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Resetting te Curve 8330

Thanks for the thoughts.

My BB is but two months old and has the latest OS - I have updated twice to make sure. And I load all that I can on the 8 gig Micro SD card.

Joe B

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try taking out your memory card. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. But I heard the 8330 doesn't run well with 8. But works best with up to 4 gig card. That may be the problem.

webmerlin no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the same problem. The spinning hourglass on my vz 8330 curve takes longer and longer. Almost threw th thing under a firetruck so I could run it over. Latest os 4 GB mem card. Fewest possible apps. Sometimes I just want to cry.

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Aww I had this promblem with my phone as well I was just going to exchange it for another but I kept messing with my options deleted some apps n figured it out n now my phone works real good so just mess with the options n change wat you think sounds right tats wat I did

justbcuz no está en línea Stack level 1

many hour glasses and log files

I had this problem and talked to a rep at Sprint, he thought the command to clear the logs was ##LGLG on my phone then dial it. That never worked, so I just tried the alt+LGLG and that worked perfectly and I notice it is much better. I had found another to post to clear my calendar of duplicates the was calendar-options-type RSET and that worked also.
    Where can one find all these secret codes?
    thank you so much. I find thes forums so helpful.

Solved?

Folks,

Thanks for the inputs. The 8330 seems much better now. I installed Quickpull to simulate a battery pull each morning at 2:00 am, and logMaid to automatically clear the cache.

I try to be careful to close applications when I am done, rather that just back out to the menu and I install only one new app at a time to see if if makes the BB stumble. This actually has the additional advantage of evaluating each app without confusing multiple new program and I discover that many are not as useful as advertised and I often remove them soon after they are installed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Joe

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Quote Originally Posted by jtbusfield View Post
    Folks,

Thanks for the inputs. The 8330 seems much better now. I installed Quickpull to simulate a battery pull each morning at 2:00 am, and logMaid to automatically clear the cache.

I try to be careful to close applications when I am done, rather that just back out to the menu and I install only one new app at a time to see if if makes the BB stumble. This actually has the additional advantage of evaluating each app without confusing multiple new program and I discover that many are not as useful as advertised and I often remove them soon after they are installed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Joe
    jtbusfield,

Don't know if you were aware of this but if you hold down the ALT>Right Shift>Delete keys at the same time it does the same thing as a battery pull. You won't need Quickpull and you can save some app memory space.

sommacero no está en línea Stack level 1
    yahoo messenger and yahoo go have always been the 1 thing in common with all phone stuck with the spinning icon. does a hard reset

options>security>general>menu key>wipe handheld

do this to clear out whatever is causing it and start loading apps 1 a day till you see the issue. hope this helps