All right folks...here it goes. -Bought my curve the other day. Upgraded from a Pearl. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Big "G" no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    247CE422

Need some help please....

Advertisement

All right folks...here it goes.
    -Bought my curve the other day. Upgraded from a Pearl.
    -I used the transfer program from desk top manager. Which did transfer EVERYTHING over.
    -Now my curve is running like real crap. BB messenger it's working properly. For awhile I could'nt go on some websites like Myspace. (it worked perfectly before this)

I saw a thread about using Desk Top Manager to restore previous settings, but that took me back to a crap phone again.

Is there a way to restore Factory Settings completely? I tried the wrong password 10 times thing, but that kept everything too.

Oh I saw another thread about a wipe phone option too, yeah that isn't on my phone.

Please help. I want my phone restored to the factory settings...fresh from the box.

Thanks--

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    You can always wipe the phone with JL Commndr, which you can DL from the "My 3rd Party Apps" link at the bottom. But you will need to make sure you have the current OS and DM installed on your PC.

I am not familiar with the 83xx so I don't know if they have a "wipe phone" option.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    On WAP here is the link to my Apps

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=676

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    On your Curve, go to Options, then Securit Options, then click on General Settings.
    After doing that, hit the menu button and you will see the option to wipe the handheld. Type the word blackberry, then voila, its back to factory settings like brand new.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Quote Originally Posted by jstplnfrank View Post
    On your Curve, go to Options, then Securit Options, then click on General Settings.
    After doing that, hit the menu button and you will see the option to wipe the handheld. Type the word blackberry, then voila, its back to factory settings like brand new.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Cool that works on the 8830 as well, learn something everyday........
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    1- Have you upgraded to the most recent OS?
    2- Have you done a batt pull?

3- Can you explain what you mean by "crap"....give some more info. You dont want to wipe your phone if you dont have to
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Big "G" no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    247CE422
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    1- Have you upgraded to the most recent OS?
    2- Have you done a batt pull?

3- Can you explain what you mean by "crap"....give some more info. You dont want to wipe your phone if you dont have to
    Hey thanks for the help everyone!
    I have'nt upgraded yet. Maybe tonight... we'll c.
    Dint try battery pull, but I know that would'nt have cleared the problems I was having.
    It was'nt bringing up some websites, BB mess was'nt working... I did a clean wipe. Man what a diff!!! Thanks everyone!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    There is a post here in curve forums about transferring from 81xx series to the 83xx series...the important thing to do is to not transfer certain items fromthe 81xx series as they mess up the operation of the 83xx series...search it here in the forums and you should be able to get all your info over with no hassles and still have a properly working 83xx BB...I followed the guidelines when I changed devices and everything went smoothly and never had a problem since...hope this helps...PM me if you need help ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~