I am from India & i currently have a BB 8320(Airtel) + another CDMA Handset(Relaince) ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Hyper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FDAA1C

Need Some Clarification On BB 8330 ??

Advertisement

I am from India & i currently have a BB 8320(Airtel) + another CDMA Handset(Relaince) with a RUIM SIM Card.

I see in the specs that the BB 8330 is - - "Dual-band 800/1900 Mhz CDMA2000 1X Ev-DO networks"
    Does this mean i can run GSM & CDMA Both simultaneously. Will i be able to insert both my GSM & CDMA SIM Cards in it?
    Is it possible to Unlock both the CDMA & GSM parts of a Verizon BB 8330 and use it in another country?

PS- i dont have to use the CDMA RUIM SIM Card, i can use a handset change card & switch my number to another CDMA Phone which does not support RUIM SIM Card as well.
    -----------------------------------------
    New systems generate new problems !!!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Verizon 8330 does not use a SIM card at all.....and is for CDMA networks only I believe. So unfortunately I don't think this phone will suit your needs.

I'm sure one of the device experts can give you a technical answer about the specs and what they mean. That's not something that I would explain well at all

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by azstar; 08-02-2008 at 11:27 AM.

DBSprint no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    I am from India & i currently have a BB 8320(Airtel) + another CDMA Handset(Relaince) with a RUIM SIM Card.

I see in the specs that the BB 8330 is - - "Dual-band 800/1900 Mhz CDMA2000 1X Ev-DO networks"
    Does this mean i can run GSM & CDMA Both simultaneously. Will i be able to insert both my GSM & CDMA SIM Cards in it?
    Is it possible to Unlock both the CDMA & GSM parts of a Verizon BB 8330 and use it in another country?

PS- i dont have to use the CDMA RUIM SIM Card, i can use a handset change card & switch my number to another CDMA Phone which does not support RUIM SIM Card as well.
    I can help you with that. The 8330 only has a CDMA radio, and they said dual-band because it supports both 800mhz and 1900mhz CDMA. The Sprint 8830 has a GSM and CDMA radio, and is carrier unlocked, so you can use the GSM side outside of the US.
    Deval
    Sprint Employee

BlackBerry Curve 8330 v.4.5.0.77
    PIN: 3021708C

Hyper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FDAA1C
    thanks for your help.... this BB 8330 i have got my hands on is actually locked to verizon, so i dont think i can use my Handset change card to switch my cdma number to this handset, as it wont lock onto the RELIANCE CDMA network here in India.
    Anyways to re-program it. Do u think if i install the Relaicen OS onto it..that might do the trick..if it latches onto the local network here..it might work..??
    -----------------------------------------
    New systems generate new problems !!!