I'm looking at this case for my 8900. I've always used those silicone skins, but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro

Need opinion on Boxwave Case, please

Advertisement

I'm looking at this case for my 8900. I've always used those silicone skins, but I want something a little more... grown-up looking, I guess? Has anyone had any experience with this case, or would you recommend a similar case? Thanks!

Also, not looking to spend more than $40 with shipping; I would have gotten a Vaja case if I could afford it!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Okay, he's my unpopular opinion. People here rant about how nice looking the 8900 is and then put them in all kind of protective and decorative cases. Personally, I would rather have a case to protect it in my pocket or when it's sitting out but when I use it, I prefer it naked in all its given splendor. I use a BlackBerry leather tote case with the strap and loop removed and when I need to use the phone I take it out and <gasp> it's unprotected. If I drop it then and it breaks, there's always insurance. Personally I think the leather case you're interested in looks cheap and kind of silly. If you want to see a great looking case which is, unfortunately only offered for the Bold right now, go to www.vajacases.com and look at the i-volution case. Other then that, I prefer my uncased.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My opinion differs... I purchased mine unlocked and have no insurance. Even if I did, it's my goal to keep this rather expensive piece of technology protected and functional as long as possible! I don't care if people see how pretty it is; I want it to remain in one piece even if I drop it!

I have actually dropped mine once already (on tile from a standing position). I nearly had a heart attack but it was in an Seidio Innocase II w/ BSE screen protector and has not one scratch on it!

I think the case you are looking at is fine. Is it as pretty as the naked 8900? No. But how pretty will that naked 8900 be after one drop?

If you have time, I would take a look at the Seidio cases as they are about the same price and I can speak from experience that they work! (I was a silicone skin person prior to this as well) It also feels very nice in my hand - I prefer holding it in this case over naked or in a skin.

Just my 2 cents :-)
    Last edited by gritsinct; 04-06-2009 at 12:46 PM.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Gritsinct, thank you for the constructive and useful feedback. I agree with you; even if I had insurance, I'd rather spend the money now on a decent case than the time and money later on for a replacement. I'll check out the innocases!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    I agree with Gritsinct also, but I'll just stick to my silicone skins. Its not the best protection but it doesn't completely hide my berry's sexiness.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffNNJ View Post
    Okay, he's my unpopular opinion. People here rant about how nice looking the 8900 is and then put them in all kind of protective and decorative cases. Personally, I would rather have a case to protect it in my pocket or when it's sitting out but when I use it, I prefer it naked in all its given splendor. I use a BlackBerry leather tote case with the strap and loop removed and when I need to use the phone I take it out and <gasp> it's unprotected. If I drop it then and it breaks, there's always insurance. Personally I think the leather case you're interested in looks cheap and kind of silly. If you want to see a great looking case which is, unfortunately only offered for the Bold right now, go to www.vajacases.com and look at the i-volution case. Other then that, I prefer my uncased.
    As unpopular as this is I'm the same way. I've looked and looked for cases that are sleek like the 8900 and don't hide the device. Non seem to fit what I want. I keep mine in my pocket whenever I'm out and that's honestly the time I need it protected the most. Over the years I've trained myself to NEVER put anything in my left pocket but my current device.

When I'm using it, I wanna see and use it unencumbered. I know most cases allow access to the keyboard etc, but they add some degree of bulk to the device. Silicone skins just don't do it for me.

I go naked. And I'm damn proud

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    As unpopular as this is I'm the same way. I've looked and looked for cases that are sleek like the 8900 and don't hide the device. Non seem to fit what I want. I keep mine in my pocket whenever I'm out and that's honestly the time I need it protected the most. Over the years I've trained myself to NEVER put anything in my left pocket but my current device.

When I'm using it, I wanna see and use it unencumbered. I know most cases allow access to the keyboard etc, but they add some degree of bulk to the device. Silicone skins just don't do it for me.

I go naked. And I'm damn proud
    I would tend to agree...Nothing more hideous than a lime green gel skin on a Blackberry. I prefer a leather case to travel with. On my belt and with easy access. At work, she sits on my desk, free to make all the noise she wants (emails, BBM...Facebook). I carry my microfiber cloth wherever I go just in case those fingerprints get a little too much.

I mean what's the point in having a nice looking device when you can't see it with all the "protection". I don't want a bunch of lint in the crevices of my keyboard either, so she doesn't go in my pocket. I know I take a risk of not having it "protected" in some bulky plastic tomb but I'm really careful with my things. I too, would much rather "go naked".
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Doesn't seem like anyone has tried that particular case the OP asked about, so obviously we can only give our opinions based on the pic. Personally I don't like the look of that leather case. But if it's to your liking, then give it a try. Like others, I do prefer going naked, but my OCD side wants to keep my pretty, pretty. I'm not really a rubber guy, so I have a clear hard case on. Personally I think it still shows her off, but that's just me. It does add bulk, but again, too me it's not that bad. Weekends it goes into my pocket and I can lay it face up or down on a flat table without scratching anything. Dust particles do get in between the case, but it's not that bad. I like to clean my phone periodically anyway.