I just upgraded my Cellular South Curve 8330 to their official 4.5.0.77 software expecting to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3

Need help with html e-mail

Advertisement

I just upgraded my Cellular South Curve 8330 to their official 4.5.0.77 software expecting to get html e-mail for the first time. I've resent the service books, but no html e-mails. There's not an option showing up in e-mail settings to allow html e-mail or to get images automatically There's not an option to even just get images in the menu when viewing an e-mail. How do you get these options to show up in 4.5?

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    delete your email off your BB and reregister it.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    Go to your email account on the device and then go to menu > options > Email Settings and make sure that "Enable HTML Email" is set to "yes" for all your email accounts.

Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    delete your email off your BB and reregister it.
    Thanks. I tried this. It didn't work.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you try Tucker's advise about your settings? Are you using an email app like BBsmart or empower? Also this only works on new incoming mail not older mail on your BB.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    Go to your email account on the device and then go to menu > options > Email Settings and make sure that "Enable HTML Email" is set to "yes" for all your email accounts.

Tucker
    The only options I have under Options > Email Settings are "Confirm Delivery", "Confirm Read", and "Send Read Receipts". I get to this by looking at my e-mail account message list and pushing the menu button and selecting Options > Email Settings.

OK Confirm on your device by going to Options/About what version number is on your BB. 3rd line down. If it is 4.5.0.77 then go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Books and delete all email service books then either via PC or the BB email setup icon, log on to your BIS account and then resend your service books. Sometimes just resending isn't enough, occasionally delete and then resend works better.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Did you try Tucker's advise about your settings? Are you using an email app like BBsmart or empower? Also this only works on new incoming mail not older mail on your BB.
    Thanks. Yes I tried Tucker's settings. See reply above. I don't have that option available in the menu. I'm just using the standard mail app that came with the device. I've received several new e-mails since upgrading, and they all still start with html bracketed code (<http://www...>) and have link code scattered throughout.

OK Confirm on your device by going to Options/About what version number is on your BB. 3rd line down. If it is 4.5.0.77 then go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Books and delete all email service books then either via PC or the BB email setup icon, log on to your BIS account and then resend your service books. Sometimes just resending isn't enough, occasionally delete and then resend works better.
    Thanks azstar. Delete any service books that begin with my e-mail address? I'm not sure how to delete just the e-mail service books.Thanks again for your advice.

when you go to your list of service books, delete any email ones, meaning ones with your email address followed by CMIME(the CICAL ones are for your calendar). To delete just highlight the one you want to remove, click the BB menu button then select delete.
    Twitter? My Apps List

when you go to your list of service books, delete any email ones, meaning ones with your email address followed by CMIME(the CICAL ones are for your calendar). To delete just highlight the one you want to remove, click the BB menu button then select delete.
    This worked. I now have the option for html e-mail in my settings. When I got the e-mail saying Activation Successful, the little red asterix new mail indicator won't go away even though I read the e-mail. This is no big deal, but it doesn't seem right. Thanks for your advice azstar. I would have never known how to do this otherwise.

Glad you got your HTML working. Those little red indicators do sometimes get kinda stuck. Sometimes even though you read it they stay. Try going to your messages, highlight the date at the top, menu, mark prior read. Sometimes that makes them go away. If not try deleting the email, if still stuck try a battery pull and if worse comes to worse try deleting and resending the service book again or deleting and re-adding the email account. Kind of annoying but thankfully they don't happen often.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Thanks azstar, I'll try those suggestions.

The battery pull got rid of the stuck asterix new mail indicator.Thanks.