Hello, I attempted to update my 8350i device software with DM on Feb 7th. The ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sicktrdsmith no está en línea Stack level 1

Need help with bricked 8350i

Advertisement

Hello,
    I attempted to update my 8350i device software with DM on Feb 7th. The update failed and gave 507 error. I have tried to use JL_Cmder, crackmem, and everything else mentioned on various BB sites to try and revive my BB. I erase Vendor.XML, downloaded the sticky O/S, tried everything I could think / read of. Apploader ends with Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000F]. This happens no matter what. I am not using a USB hub, and I have tried this on a few different computers. 8350i still giving 507 error. Please help me! I don't think NEXTEL/ Sprint will help me, as I use a boost SIM in my phone.

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    plug your bb via usb and then click this link:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/update/

hope this helps - I'd try doing it w/o the battery too.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Depending on what version of DM you used, I would recommend uninstalling both the DM and the OS. Then reinstall DM 4.6 then the OS.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    ^^^ I'll add just one thing to Erica's suggestion and that would be to reboot your computer after reinstalling DM and the OS.

logosteel no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've warned many a customer about putting a pre paid card in this model...Now there is proof why NOT to. Sorry to hear that happened however and if you are able to un-brick let me know, cuz until further notice- no one is getting a 8350 that wants to make it pre paid

Branglith no está en línea Stack level 1
    First of all its advised that you use the sim that came with the phone so the phone will not malfunction or corrupt the phone but thats not an issue Sprint/Nextel will support the phone reguardless of the sim in the phone. Second of all connect through usb to reload the os. And BTW Boost doesnt support blackberries cause the blackberries need data plans and boost doesnt have them

moisaenz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by logosteel View Post
    I've warned many a customer about putting a pre paid card in this model...Now there is proof why NOT to. Sorry to hear that happened however and if you are able to un-brick let me know, cuz until further notice- no one is getting a 8350 that wants to make it pre paid
    Well the 8350 has its cons when its on boostunlimited. but nevertheless it works pretty good, and its cheaper than nextel.

logosteel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by moisaenz View Post
    Well the 8350 has its cons when its on boostunlimited. but nevertheless it works pretty good, and its cheaper than nextel.
    Is it just the qwerty keyboard that boost people want? I'm pretty sure nextel has a full qwerty moto phone coming out soon- thus eliminating all of the bs you have to do to get everything working properly on the berry.

drb4141 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have solved this problem. take your boost sim card out then follow the steps above only I used the 5.0.1 software. (it scared the heck outta me to) I hope this helps.
    Good Luck.