I have a little dilemma here. Yesterday I received a replacement 8900. So I made ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Need HELP Urgently....

Advertisement

I have a little dilemma here. Yesterday I received a replacement 8900. So I made sure I did a back up before running the switch device application. Everything went flawless, so I thought. Once the switch device was completed, I loaded my last back up. Ok so far so good. Everything seems to be there all apps/themes/settings and etc.

So I took out the battery to put back in the old device so I could wipe it and get it prepare to go back to T-Mobile. Once this was completed, I placed back the battery in the new phone but got an App Error 552 or 225, something like that. So I remove the battery and ran app loader to try and reload the OS, all seems to go ok. It completed and the OS was back up and running but none of my 3rd party apps were present. So I ran the backup again, it completed but once complete - no change – the phone still shows only the native apps. Only my emails/sms/calendar events were restored. No themes or 3rd party apps. I even tried to restore from a few backups I had saved, still nothing. It runs and completes but no 3rd party apps. I do have the option to back up my 3rd party apps checked off.

Can someone pls help me in getting my 3rd party apps back? I had too many to lose that’s why I backed up frequently. This just seems so very odd. Does it have to do with the backup was from a different phone that’s why it’s not loading on the new phone? Any advice I would deeply appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by azstar; 08-27-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: font formatting

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    When you did the device switch wizard, did you check the box there to transfer 3rd party apps? You should not have had to tell it which back-up to use when doing the switch wizard because it does a back-up itself during the switch process.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    KalebsDad78 is correct. The device switch wizard will do third party apps if the box to transfer 3rd party apps is selected. A normal backup and restore from Desktop Manager does not back up 3rd party apps.
    This thread explains how to back up 3rd party apps using the device switch wizard. I use it often and the process works well.
    Good luck recovering your apps.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Oh wow, I didnt know the DM backup didn't back up 3rd party apps. Yes I did select it to back up third party apps during the device switch but I still went ahead and also loaded the last backup file. afterwards Thanks for the instructions. I will follow them and hope I can recover my apps.

Thanks for the help.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Well I wasn't able to loc the pin file since of course I didn't back up any 3rd party apps as I thought I was doing prior. So I wasn't able to recover my apps. So I'm now in the process of finding the ones I use on a regular basis. I followed the instructions provided on backing up apps and it work.

Thanks again.