OK so here's the deal. I purchased this phone off someone and it's all set ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NickB2005 no está en línea Stack level 3

Need help!!!! Please W/my 8300

Advertisement

OK so here's the deal. I purchased this phone off someone and it's all set up under me now. However, his email was still in here and I can't figure out how to delete that. When I go to set my email up I put in my login and password and then it says it's the wrong one. So I hit forgot password and fill that out and it says it sent it to my device, but I think it sent it to my sprint device and that is no longer working. So I go to create a new account and it says that I already have an account with this pin and IMEI, but it's the guys who's phone this was last not mine. How do I go about fixing this and deleting his email address. Same with mine I want to delete my email addresses on my 8703e for sprint, but it's no longer an active phone

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Need help!!!! Please W/my 8300

Is there any chance you know the person you got the Blackberry from and have them remove the email address from their existing BIS so you can create your own account and set it up?

Well I have his email and I am contacting him through email right now. He doesn't have a blackberry anymore. So I am asking him his Username and password that he used to set it up and I am hoping that I can go under there delete his email and then somehow create my own....if that would even work?

Yeah, if he'll give it to you great. The easiest way to make the change is to log into the BIS website and do it from there. Then you can create your own account and setup your own email. Are you with Verizon or Sprint?

I am with at&t now. I have a sprint one which I originally set up my emails that I want to switch over to this new curve at&t device. There's a website? How do I get to this website?

he can't remember his username. He is calling at&t right now, but is there any other way to do this because it's pointless to keep the phone if I can't even use it for email.

Here is AT&T's BIS site.

http://www.att.blackberry.com/

That will definitely be the easiest way to change it over will be for him to remove the settings on his end. They should be able to help him even if he can't remember his username and password.

oh wow that is awesome! Thank You. I just emailed the link to them hopping to "jog" their memory. Now by any chance is there one for sprint so I can delete mine before I sell my phone?

I went to the sprint one, by just replacing at&t with sprint and it seemed to work, but when I tried entering my login it kept saying I was wrong and brought me to the at&t website for the BIS. I don't know what to do.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Get the original owner to call his ols provider. Explain the situation. They should be able to get his login and remove the device from the bis site. I had to do this for an ATT user. The original owner should have done this before selling the phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by NickB2005 View Post
    oh wow that is awesome! Thank You. I just emailed the link to them hopping to "jog" their memory. Now by any chance is there one for sprint so I can delete mine before I sell my phone?
    Sprint's BIS site is: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I finally got it to try to login and it says... Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator.