Hi: I am new to this forum cos I recently bought an used BB curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jimi1022 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Need Help!! How to Master Reset my BB 8310??

Advertisement

Hi:

I am new to this forum cos I recently bought an used BB curve 8310 from a friend of mine. The phone has a lot of his own personal content, such as pics and contacts. How am I suppose to master reset the phone so that I could delete those content? Please help please help, thanks..

Jimi1022

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Options>Security Options>General Settings, press BB Menu button (directly to the left of the trackball), select Wipe Handheld, enter the word "blackberry".

It's been awhile. You might not need to enter "blackberry" anymore.

And welcome to PinStack, Jimi!

alicerandall no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi There,

I dont have a blackberry plan yet, i did however, upgrade my device manager and OS on my blackberry. now AT&T gave me a stupid Push to Talk icon that i have no use for on my 8700c and that i cant get rid of, i tried to see if it was in the applications section, but i didnt see it

Quote Originally Posted by alicerandall View Post
    Hi There,

I dont have a blackberry plan yet, i did however, upgrade my device manager and OS on my blackberry. now AT&T gave me a stupid Push to Talk icon that i have no use for on my 8700c and that i cant get rid of, i tried to see if it was in the applications section, but i didnt see it
    You'll have to remove that through the Application Loader with Desktop Manager. When you loaded your new OS, the box for that application was checked, so it was loaded on the device. You can reinstall the OS, but you'll want to look through the applications and components and uncheck the ones you don't want. Just have to be VERY careful that you don't remove anything the device needs to operate correctly!