1> how to set numbers as default for a contact , as u knw how ... BlackBerry Curve forum

arihantbaid no está en línea Stack level 1

need help

Advertisement

1> how to set numbers as default for a contact , as u knw how we have 2-3 numbers for same contact like mobile, work and home, how du i select mobile and keep the numebr as default as everytime i dial the contact, it doesnt ask what number....

2> how to record for voice dialing as the ones by default doesnt seem to work for me... is there a way to attach voice clips for selected few contacts i use regularly.

thnx

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Hopefully, this helps a little:

1. I've never found a way to set the default. I believe it will always ask you which number. However, if you go to your recent calls (press the green phone key), you'll see a list of everyone you've received calls from or made calls to. Next to the names will be a letter in parenthesis like (M) for mobile. Hitting the call key on this will call that number directly.

2. I don't think there is a way to record a voice clip for special contacts. I've found that it's easier to say the whole name of the contact and speak in a normal voice. I've had very little trouble in this regard, but I don't have too many unusual names in my phone book. Another thing that's helped me a lot is when you finally get it to recognize your voice for a name, it will repeat it back to you. If you use the pronunciation it uses, your recognition percent goes way up.

For example, there is a chinese restaurant near me named Foo Chow. For some reason, the phone likes me to say it like Fu Chu. If I do this, it always recognizes my command.

Hope this helps!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by arihantbaid View Post
    1> how to set numbers as default for a contact , as u knw how we have 2-3 numbers for same contact like mobile, work and home, how du i select mobile and keep the numebr as default as everytime i dial the contact, it doesnt ask what number....

2> how to record for voice dialing as the ones by default doesnt seem to work for me... is there a way to attach voice clips for selected few contacts i use regularly.

thnx
    Per your first question, you could always add someone to speed dial. That way, a specific number/letter could be mobile, one for work and etc. For example, if you have three numbers for one person, Q could be their mobile number, W could be their work number and E could be their home number. By pressing down either Q, W or E, you could figure out what number you are calling. (There is no default number for a person.) To add someone to speed dial, you can go to your call log and then scroll up to where you would dial/type in a number. Then hit the bb button>View Speed Dial List> BB Button>New Speed Dial. You can add people to almost every letter on your keypad.

arihantbaid no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks a lot ppl that kinda cleared up a lot of things