I'm finaly going to take my att phone in for warrenty but still am worried ... BlackBerry Curve forum

benlutz13 no está en línea Stack level 1

need an answer fast please

Advertisement

I'm finaly going to take my att phone in for warrenty but still am worried about the os issue. What I did was updated through another carrier then the phone broke and will only charge through usb slot and headphone jack won't work my phone also randomly shuts off. My question is will they check what type of os I have or will they assume it is there's.

Don't know how to edit on here so I'll just say it here my phone won't connect to my pc and my pc won't recognize it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    They might, your best solution would be to downgrade to their latest OS.

EDIT: Well since you can't downgrade then you're going to have to chance it.

Do u think they'll believe it if I tell them that I thought it was the att version. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Software shouldn't matter since it sounds like your having a hardware issue, OS should have to effect on any connections
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I bricked my Pearl a while back trying to upgrade to a beta 4.5 OS and it wouldn't connect to my PC. I learned a trick though. You open your desktop manager, connect your berry and take the battery out. It should momentarily recognize it. Quickly click connect and you may or may not be in luck. Hope that helps.

If that does work, an easy way to upgrade to 4.5 OS (if ATT has a 4.5 version out for your phone) is to open IE and go here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...tab_tab_update

Then click update. Best of luck with your warranty.