My old Curve was passworded as it was on a BES. I want to turn ... BlackBerry Curve forum

algae no está en línea Stack level 2

Need advice on erasing my Curve.

My old Curve was passworded as it was on a BES. I want to turn it over to my wife and get rid of the password, etc.
    What's the best way to do that?
    Thanks for any advice.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    If it was on a BES, it probably includes an IT policy also, which isn't easy to get rid of. Are you wanting to do as your post title suggests and completely wipe the device? If so, you can read a tutorial here on how to remove the policy, or there are programs, such as CrackUtil that will do it for you. Be very careful though as many of those programs can wreak havoc on a device if used improperly. You can then wipe the device using the security wipe feature in Options > Security, but I have heard of BES settings, etc. remaining even after that. You can the reinstall the OS through DM, just uncheck, 'Restore All Data' when performing the install and it should leave you with a clean OS.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I would say check out this thread

hope it helps
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey