I have searched all over trying to find out what to do about my phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jeswalk78 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question Need advice on a screen

Advertisement

I have searched all over trying to find out what to do about my phone and can not find an answer so I am hoping that someone here can help. My phone fell off of the bed and hit the floor, did not hit anything on the fall down, and it cracked the screen on my phone. It is not a big crack. It starts at the bottom left and goes up about an inch. Is is possible to change the screen without having to buy a new phone? If you can replace the clear part of the screen, it does not affect the picture at all, where would I find one? Thanks, I don't like having my baby broken!

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Did you buy it new?, and if so have you had it less than one year?

iLord is DEAD!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    If not cnn.cn has screens I believe. Think there's actually a video showing replacement.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I had my Curve for 8 months and i swear to you, accidentaly ran over it with a fork lift, took it back to store, and since i had it for over 1 month they directed me to a replacdement center affiliated with them, and within minutes had a brand new one.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yes. I had issues with my curve about6 weeks ago and they had to replace it. The roller ball just fell out. I have never dropped this phone and keep it in a hard case. I have insurance on it but just wondered if you can get after market replacements rather tan spend 50 dollars to get a replacement phone. It seems like Verizon has some issues with this phone. I can not get one that works and does not give me issues.

QUOTE=sooner;1091013]Did you buy it new?, and if so have you had it less than one year?[/QUOTE]

$50 seriously? I have no ins. on mine and got one free under my one year warranty. Id try for a free one before i took it apart and then void ALL waranties.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Can I take it to a different Verizon store? The IT guys here are jerks? Or do I have to go where I got it? Also, wouldn't I have to reformat my memory card for that phone? None of my music works since I got the last new one.

Im not sure, try looking in phone book or call Verizon, and ask them where ALL replacement centers are, for your area, reformat card? I take mine out all the time and some times it work and some times it doesnt, usually has a bad connection, cuz when i mess with it a few times it finally works.

iLord is DEAD!