I am running 4.2.x.184 on my 8320 curve from TMO. I have noticed no matter ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrodgers73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31048e95

Mystery Hourglass

Advertisement

I am running 4.2.x.184 on my 8320 curve from TMO. I have noticed no matter what OS i have installed Prod or Beta. I get an hourglass that pops up out of no where and will stay that way till i reboot the device. How can i troubleshoot this cause it seems to have alot now.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Wipe it completely using JL CMDR and then reload the OS. It may also be caused by a 3rd party app that isn't playing nice with your phone.

PIN/ID
    31048e95
    Been there done that. I even unistalled all 3rd party applications and it still does it.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Then you have a defective Berry, unless someone else knows what else to do to resolve this.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ALT + L G L G

The event log will tell you all the processes running. Anything in bold is an error or a conflict. That should help you narrow it down.

Does it ever come out of the hour glass without a reboot? So you've tried a clean install with no 3rd party applications installed? Is it completely random or does it do it at certain times?

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648
    Im having the same issues. Any other time out of no where i get the glass running. Idont know y. I just did what u mentioned in the above threat ao alt l g l g. N i got a list of name in which 2 of them are in bold. But can anyone tell me what i need 2 do next. Its getting upset. I just got it now. Plz plz HELP. Thx

SuzieCreamPuff no está en línea Stack level 2
    I suffer from the mystery hourglass too. When it shows up only a battery pull can get mine to go away. I have had my Curve since Januaryish and haven't loaded any new apps for many months and it started doing it two weeks ago out of nowhere. Blah. I trying to do everything I can to avoid wiping it clean and starting all over.

EDIT: the entries in my Event Log that come up bold are
    E net.rim.srp - RXsr
    E net.rim.srp - RXer
    E net.rim.srp - CNcl

how do I find out what these mean and how to correct this?
    Last edited by SuzieCreamPuff; 06-20-2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: added info

JUICE56107 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Did you ever find out how to fix the errors on the even manager log? I'm having the same problem

PIN/ID
    31048e95
    nope still having the same issue. My buddy has an pearl 8100 it doies the samething...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by mrodgers73 View Post
    nope still having the same issue. My buddy has an pearl 8100 it doies the samething...

You still didn't answer my questions from my previous post. Until I get some responses I can't help further. I'm betting it's a third party application. Uninstall some or all of them and slowly add them back until it happens again. Then narrow it down to one. Check your memory usage, see if it's low. There's a ton of things this could be, until we get more details we can't be of much help.