Ok having issues with MyAlarm. I've set it to play an MP3 from my media ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

MyAlarm problem

Advertisement

Ok having issues with MyAlarm. I've set it to play an MP3 from my media card but when the alarm goes off there is nothing playing. After I dismiss the alarm I see the device's notification asking me if I want to allow the program access to my local media.

My firewall is off and there is no option for "Don't ask me again" ala Pearl. In the security options I've turned everything to 'Allow'.

I'm sure I'm not the first to come across this problem. How do I set it so that MyAlarm can play my songs? Thanks folks. 8310.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    For this app, your firewall has to be on in order for it to play your mp3 files as alarm tones......

I haven't used this app in quite a while....but I believe that is the fix. Give that a try.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

johu65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24470e33
    AZSTAR is right just enable the firewall I download this app three times and kept playing wtih it and it finally worked perfect when I enables the fire wall
    PIN: 24470E33

PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Worked thanks. A weird workaround.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bleepo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Funny enough, I never had this issue with my 8300. Now that I have an 8330 the firewall must be on.

PIN/ID
    315677A8
    And its a bad problem! Turns out that with the firewall turned on MyAlarm plays my mp3s to wake me up but google maps doesn't work! Just gives an error message and exits. But if I turn the firewall off the maps work but my alarm goes boinkers. This is a definite step down in my book. Come on folks! It worked on the 8100 and (as per bleepo) the 8300. What happened?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's why I gave up and bought an alarm program...the new one from BBsmart works well...so does Mobylo Multialarm but it's much more expensive(I bought it months ago before BBSmart came out with theirs)

But, Myalarm is a free application and the developer probably did not have access to all the different device types to test on when he made it, but it's free so most people just deal with the firewall conflict.

Here are the links to the other alarms if you want to check them out:

http://blackberryshop.pinstack.com/p...art-Alarms-Pro

http://blackberryshop.pinstack.com/p...%21-MultiAlarm

Both have free trials, I'd go for the BBSmart one, much cheaper and more up to date.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4