Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

7.2MBps... that's faster than my cable connection by far, which hasn't gotten any faster in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

7.2MBps... that's faster than my cable connection by far, which hasn't gotten any faster in like 11 years. Why the heck do I need that on my phone?? And yet all of the cell phone companies are striving for 4G... wtf?? I don't care about the 'fastest network', I care that it's the 'most reliable' and that I have a SIM card to move to another phone whenever I want (off of eBay or a friends, or wherever), rather than paying more $$ to switch phones.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    werd....
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    Correct, irrelevant as to compare apples to oranges. My whole point on all of this is that they spend money on advertising the network and how great it is but then give u limited selection on what fast is! Nobody is saying one is better then the other or that ones ideas is better then the other, I commend u on sticking with your company, good on u!
    Lol. You are talking BBs, Rogers offers tons of 3G phones but ill give you that only one 3G BB... trust me my friend, sit back relax and wait for it - i am out of this thread as ive already said too much lol.
    But i appreciate your arguments and thank you for the educated answers

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Wow, just read threw most of this terrible "customer service" attempt by a sales rep lol. Man, I would have straight up slapped that dude... kinda like in a movie scene for being so retarded. lol

I'm glad your getting your issue resolved melly.

I agree, the 8900 is the outcome when you have the Curve 8320 and the Bold meet. so sexy....

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    The 8900 is where the current 83xx Curve lineup is heading, why wouldn't a carrier have it? I know ATT is making a big push for 3G only devices and that's their prerogative but I think they lose some market share by not offering the 8900. The more devices you offer the better, though you have to weigh support costs, but I don't see how supporting the 8900 would be a big deal for them in training or load on the network (move away from EDGE a factor?).
    While CDMA carriers have had an edge (pun not intended) in speeds I have never liked them locking down devices or the inability to simply drop in a SIM card to switch a device in case of emergency to mention a couple of things. What about international travel? Also, while they have 3G speeds as per the spec the ability to do simultaneous voice and data is what I see as the biggest advantage to GSM 3G, I don't believe they have that yet.
    From my Motorola hacking days we had a joke:
    CDMA = Can't Do Much of Anything
    Last edited by uberspeed; 01-16-2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: clarifying

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    and you guys said I derailed threads
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    and you guys said I derailed threads
    Lol mizme i apologize .... how is your situation at this very second ? did you have time to go back yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Lol mizme i apologize .... how is your situation at this very second ? did you have time to go back yet ?
    Haha I was just playing around. Going first thing tomorrow morning so there so there should be a manager there to talk to for sure.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hopefully and like we all said, do not leave that store without a new device even if it takes calling customer service and filing a complaint about that store because as per corporate rules, within the first 30days, if anything is wrong with the device and the store has more in stock, you get an over the counter exchange.

Good luck

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Sorry Mizme, most of its my fault for chiming in. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah get out of here with you ugly logo hahaha just kidding obviously

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    mizme we are approaching 6pm time when Rogers dealers usually close.

What did you ended up doing today ?

New device is charging

Well the manager seemed to be more of a jerk than the sales rep who refused me. But nonetheless, he helped me. They were actually out of stock of the 8900 so I ended up going to another Rogers Wireless store but they were MUCH friendlier. I didn't bother getting the info of the other store that refused me like the tech rep told me to. But you know what? I just wanted my replacement and to just never go to that ridiculous Rogers store again. Talk about gloomy people!

Whatever...what goes around comes around right?

Haven't been able to test out the wi-fi OR the battery yet so hopefully all works out.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

PIN/ID
    AskMe

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    New device is charging

Well the manager seemed to be more of a jerk than the sales rep who refused me. But nonetheless, he helped me. They were actually out of stock of the 8900 so I ended up going to another Rogers Wireless store but they were MUCH friendlier. I didn't bother getting the info of the other store that refused me like the tech rep told me to. But you know what? I just wanted my replacement and to just never go to that ridiculous Rogers store again. Talk about gloomy people!

Whatever...what goes around comes around right?

Haven't been able to test out the wi-fi OR the battery yet so hopefully all works out.
    Been there, done that. There is one Houston T-Mobile store I will NEVER set foot in again (for a device swap at least. I have been back to pay bills) after I got shafted about a device swap like yours.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast