Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

That and there's a lot of us who simply don't want or need 3G. 3G ... BlackBerry Curve forum

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

That and there's a lot of us who simply don't want or need 3G. 3G is as fast as my cable connection (realistically), and I really don't need that for the light surfing, email and IM that I use the curve for. And yet they're going for 4G soon! My cable connection has not improved in like 11 years... I could pay more for a bit more, but overall the base cable connection has not improved in that long. I digress... you want 3G - that's what the Bold is for. You want a smaller, fast enough, sexier beast, you get the 8900.

That and I wanted the better camera with auto-focus...

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    i was in the store trying to decide between the 8900 and the 9000.. then the rep says to me? why get the 8900 you already have a curve? then it hit me..why whould i buy the 8900 i already have a curve it is basically the same thing.. the bold is just awesome, its 3g, why not get it. my curve does edge, and so does the 8900; the 8900 just looks better. i wasnt going to waste my upgrade on the 8900 so i went BOLD

Marketing too... Bold's got a bold name, and most of the rep's are pretty focussed on 3G speeds too.

To each their own; the Bold's too big for my liking anyway.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I didnt do much this time but again i would like to thank javatyger for representing our company so much its thanks to reps like him that we avoid PR nightmares that make my life a nightmare lol.
    Wow, I just caught up with this thread. You're very welcome, and I do love working for the company as I'm very customer-service orientated and want to make sure each of my client's needs have been taking cared of (last two acts I've done I personally bussed it over to another store in Burnaby and picked up Javalin's for new clients switching from different carriers because I had none in stock). Its hard to find good customer service, as MizMelly is fully aware. I hope its resolved and you can finally enjoy your Curve 8900.

From one fellow Javalin owner to another.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Oh and P.S: in case you haven't heard yet, the 3G version is coming out for the 8900 (8920 I think...can't remember)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Oh and P.S: in case you haven't heard yet, the 3G version is coming out for the 8900 (8920 I think...can't remember)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for confirming what I've been looking forward to, the 3G 89xx. This Curve will be the perfect companion to my Bold.

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am with you Archer. Bring it on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Thanks for confirming what I've been looking forward to, the 3G 89xx. This Curve will be the perfect companion to my Bold.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    The bold looks nice but it's too big for me. The 8900 is like a smaller version of the Bold but still keeps that Curve shape. I love it. Well I'll love my new one when I get it.

I'm a girl...girls usually go for the Curve or the Pearl.
    I just read your latest post about where you stand with getting your device replaced. I am very happy to hear you are finally getting taken care of.

Even more impressive was reading the story of how Rogers holds its people accountable. There is a shocking difference between Rogers and the carriers in the USA, when it comes to accountability. Although it's entirely possible that our carriers here have similar internal policies, training, and accountability it is enforced on a somewhat random basis. However that said, I'm not the least bit surprised as Rogers level of organization & professionalism shows.

Oh and in regards to your choice of the Curve? A very smart move. My Bold is so big & heavy I ended up with a dislocated shoulder... Ha..ha..ha..

Cheers!

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    What do you mean stupid rogers ?
    The 8900 is not a 3G phone so why would there be 3G ?
    Also the decision to include 3G or not is not up to Rogers but up to RIM.

Please explain your post.

Thanks
    I would not put a phone out that is not 3G, sound minimal but when was the last time RIM made a 1X bb? Everything since the 7250 rev has been EVDO aka GSM fans 3G. Seems like ther just trying to push out bbs left and right insted oif maken them faster. The bold is the only 3G device you have, we have 5 bbs and all of em are EVDO and the latest STORM is EVDO-rev A, I just don't get why u wouldn't want faster data. Do u go shopping for dial up? No ppl want cable or DSL. See my point? What if u wanna teather your berry to a lappy? Your gonna run 56k when I'm using on average 115.2kbps.....to each is own but for me, I think it was a odd idea.

Cheers

3G vs 2G is like the difference between Cable and Cable-Lite. Cable-Lite is still enough faster than dialup, and there are a lot of value-conscious consumers out that that have Cable-Lite. If you really want 3G, obviously the 8900 is not for you, and you will wait for a 3G model. For those of us that just want things like IM, txt and email on a phone, with maybe a little bit of surfing, then we're just fine with the 2G phones. So the reps that I know are not pushing the 8900 and don't even want to look at it, when clearly there are a lot of customers that would be quite happy with it. Will I ever tether to my 8900? Hell no. So why would I need a 3G device? Doesn't make sense.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    I would not put a phone out that is not 3G, sound minimal but when was the last time RIM made a 1X bb? (...) Your gonna run 56k when I'm using on average 115.2kbps.....to each is own but for me, I think it was a odd idea.
    The reasoning behind Rogers coming out with an EDGE 8900 is because of the availability of the UMA service "Talkspot" and that does not work well with 3G; you cannot have 3G and UMA on the same device.
    a LOT of people are suscribed to Talkspot and trust me they are GLAD the 8900 has the new OS, all the improvements and UMA.

Thank you.

As for your post I take it you are a Bell or Telus employee and are trying to compare one of the two companies to Rogers Wireless. This thread is not about that and i will not engage in that discussion sorry.

So THAT'S why the Bold doesn't have UMA.. huh.. good to know. I quite like the UMA feature as it means I can talk while in my basement.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by malejko View Post
    So THAT'S why the Bold doesn't have UMA.. huh.. good to know. I quite like the UMA feature as it means I can talk while in my basement.
    THERE you go Enjoy!

PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by malejko View Post
    3G vs 2G is like the difference between Cable and Cable-Lite. Cable-Lite is still enough faster than dialup, and there are a lot of value-conscious consumers out that that have Cable-Lite. If you really want 3G, obviously the 8900 is not for you, and you will wait for a 3G model. For those of us that just want things like IM, txt and email on a phone, with maybe a little bit of surfing, then we're just fine with the 2G phones. So the reps that I know are not pushing the 8900 and don't even want to look at it, when clearly there are a lot of customers that would be quite happy with it. Will I ever tether to my 8900? Hell no. So why would I need a 3G device? Doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't wanna tether if i had an 8900 either....I guess u don't get the game bro, they always tell ppl they have the fastest network in Canada, but have what like 7 phones that will run at that speed? its the "next transition in wireless tech" so why wouldnt u wanna sell the latest and greatest to them...theres nothing wrong with the 8900 or 8220, I just don't get why they wouldn't have made them 3G

Not trying to tell u your wrong or dumb for getting one, its still going to be the back bone to the HSPA that they launched. They also turned up most of the channels to 7.2mbps....The reps don't push it because the Bold and Iphone are 3G- If peeps didnt want 3G then why did the Iphone revamp its self after a year on the market? It runs EDGE and has WIFI! Makes sence if u think of the fact that they spend that money in adversing but then when u get to the store u only get a slim choice of 3G. Like if Honda or Toyota that get great gas mileage advertise that and when u get ther u have a choice between 2 that just don't happen!
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    The reasoning behind Rogers coming out with an EDGE 8900 is because of the availability of the UMA service "Talkspot" and that does not work well with 3G; you cannot have 3G and UMA on the same device.
    a LOT of people are suscribed to Talkspot and trust me they are GLAD the 8900 has the new OS, all the improvements and UMA.

Thank you.

As for your post I take it you are a Bell or Telus employee and are trying to compare one of the two companies to Rogers Wireless. This thread is not about that and i will not engage in that discussion sorry.

Correct, irrelevant as to compare apples to oranges. My whole point on all of this is that they spend money on advertising the network and how great it is but then give u limited selection on what fast is! Nobody is saying one is better then the other or that ones ideas is better then the other, I commend u on sticking with your company, good on u!
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast