Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

If you are within your 30 days, just return the phone for another. You do ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

Advertisement

If you are within your 30 days, just return the phone for another. You do not need their permission to do that. If this has been doing this and you have waited over 30 days, oh well.

I agree 100% that there is something either wrong with your phone or battery.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Yeah that sucks Melly!
    From what I understand... you can return your phone withing 30 days AND under 30minutes of talk time (so like a week TOPS), not sure if there is a data restriction or not....

And if you have exceeded these limits, the store wont do anything for you. I have had a couple devices replaced and its been extremely face. I asked for a replacement Mon, and had it Tuesday morning !

Funny that 2 of the reps mentioned the wifi issue as being known..... anyone have insight on this? Is rogers going to do a massive device swap when the issue is fixed?

Hang in there Melly !

GlitchEXE no está en línea Stack level 1
    mizmellyjelly - I was suffereing huge battery issues as well. Fortunately for me I didn't have the same headache you have had in getting an exchange. I didn't get mine through the store, but actually had it shipped from Rogers, so that was a definite plus. Unfortunately my new phone seemed to suffer the same battery problems. That is until I turned off the weather push that was going to the device. Now that I've done that I'm getting about 2 days out of the phone with GoogleTalk, GMail, BBM and some phone calls.

Noticed you had the weather thing running, maybe try getting rid of that? Of course that's after you get them to exchange your phone

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchEXE View Post
    mizmellyjelly - I was suffereing huge battery issues as well. Fortunately for me I didn't have the same headache you have had in getting an exchange. I didn't get mine through the store, but actually had it shipped from Rogers, so that was a definite plus. Unfortunately my new phone seemed to suffer the same battery problems. That is until I turned off the weather push that was going to the device. Now that I've done that I'm getting about 2 days out of the phone with GoogleTalk, GMail, BBM and some phone calls.

Noticed you had the weather thing running, maybe try getting rid of that? Of course that's after you get them to exchange your phone
    You can Delete the Blackberry one and then add WeatheEye that will only check every 30mins or so for informaton. I didn't see a frequency update on the BB Weather app so I am not sure how often it is checking for updates.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great post javatyger and thank you for representing our company so well. I must say, you covered all the aspects of the issue. I don't feel like I have anything to add. Great job. Again, melly, just go back to that store and DEMAND a replacement. They will have to give it to you as per corporate ruling. thanks to everybody for jumping in as I have had a horribly busy night and a day that is starting to look just like it. . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Great post javatyger and thank you for representing our company so well. I must say, you covered all the aspects of the issue. I don't feel like I have anything to add. Great job. Again, melly, just go back to that store and DEMAND a replacement. They will have to give it to you as per corporate ruling. thanks to everybody for jumping in as I have had a horribly busy night and a day that is starting to look just like it. . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Doing work for Rogers is hard huh Ran....
    Last edited by krosli; 01-14-2009 at 02:19 PM.

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well last night I called tech support again....just for the sake of wanting to complain again. But really why I was calling was because another Rogers sales rep (one closer to me) tipped me that I should have gotten some sort of ticket reference number from the tech rep that I was speaking to so that I have proof that I've spoken to technical support and that they told me to get the unit replaced.

So last night I told the tech rep (this was the 4th one) that and he looked into my account and saw a looooong note left from the last tech rep about the problems with my phone in full detail AND the fact that I had already spoken to two other technical support representatives AND what happened to me at the Rogers store.

He game me the ticket number immediately, then began giving me a history lesson with Rogers and their employees about how when they become employed with the company, they're agreeing to honor some sort of license and yada yada yada.....

He then said, "So just go back. First thing, ask for the manager. Just tell them very simply to replace the phone. If they start questioning and still refuses to do the exchange, give them the ticket number. If they still refuse to, then call us back and give the phone to them (since I told him they didn't have a courtesy phone) and we'll have to enforce them to do the exchange. We'd also have to take action against that employee and the branch as well. If the exchange goes well without you having to call us, please get the name and employee number of the man who refused to do the exchange. Get the name of the store manager and the branch number. Give us their information because unfortunately we will still have to take action against their behavior and report their actions into our system. Because our job as Rogers representatives is to ensure our customers great service, not drive them away....."

....and then he went on again about the pact employees make with Rogers once they sign with them.....and yada yada yada.

I was like wow.......he's very passionate about his job and his customers. Kinda like you javatyger and ranxoren!

But anyway guys...I do still have until the 23rd to do the exchange because it was purchased on the 23rd of Dec. I'd go today to resolve all this but my bf got it for me and so apparently HE has to be there (he was there with me last time I went...well sorta...but that's another story) because he signed the receipt and he's the authorized user of my account. And making the trip there is sooo out of both of our schedules and totally out of MY way. So I have to wait until both of us are free to go together which will either be Saturday bright and early in the morning or Monday evening so I can deal with the same a-hole I was dealing with last time. I know it's better to go in the morning because guaranteed a manager will be there.

Haha...I appreciate all of your support. But I should clarify, I'm not angry with Rogers. Just at that one sales rep guy in particular. All those tech reps did more than enough to help me and I let them know that I was grateful for their help. And that dummy sales representative from the Rogers store looks like Kevin Garnett....and I don't like Kevin Garnett....(no offense to anyone who's a Celtics fan )
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    Well last night I called tech support again....just for the sake of wanting to complain again. But really why I was calling was because another Rogers sales rep (one closer to me) tipped me that I should have gotten some sort of ticket reference number from the tech rep that I was speaking to so that I have proof that I've spoken to technical support and that they told me to get the unit replaced.

So last night I told the tech rep (this was the 4th one) that and he looked into my account and saw a looooong note left from the last tech rep about the problems with my phone in full detail AND the fact that I had already spoken to two other technical support representatives AND what happened to me at the Rogers store.

He game me the ticket number immediately, then began giving me a history lesson with Rogers and their employees about how when they become employed with the company, they're agreeing to honor some sort of license and yada yada yada.....

He then said, "So just go back. First thing, ask for the manager. Just tell them very simply to replace the phone. If they start questioning and still refuses to do the exchange, give them the ticket number. If they still refuse to, then call us back and give the phone to them (since I told him they didn't have a courtesy phone) and we'll have to enforce them to do the exchange. We'd also have to take action against that employee and the branch as well. If the exchange goes well without you having to call us, please get the name and employee number of the man who refused to do the exchange. Get the name of the store manager and the branch number. Give us their information because unfortunately we will still have to take action against their behavior and report their actions into our system. Because our job as Rogers representatives is to ensure our customers great service, not drive them away....."

....and then he went on again about the pact employees make with Rogers once they sign with them.....and yada yada yada.

I was like wow.......he's very passionate about his job and his customers. Kinda like you javatyger and ranxoren!

But anyway guys...I do still have until the 23rd to do the exchange because it was purchased on the 23rd of Dec. I'd go today to resolve all this but my bf got it for me and so apparently HE has to be there (he was there with me last time I went...well sorta...but that's another story) because he signed the receipt and he's the authorized user of my account. And making the trip there is sooo out of both of our schedules and totally out of MY way. So I have to wait until both of us are free to go together which will either be Saturday bright and early in the morning or Monday evening so I can deal with the same a-hole I was dealing with last time. I know it's better to go in the morning because guaranteed a manager will be there.

Haha...I appreciate all of your support. But I should clarify, I'm not angry with Rogers. Just at that one sales rep guy in particular. All those tech reps did more than enough to help me and I let them know that I was grateful for their help. And that dummy sales representative from the Rogers store looks like Kevin Garnett....and I don't like Kevin Garnett....(no offense to anyone who's a Celtics fan )

Well at least you are getting somewhere with your problems with your device. I suggest you do just what the tech guy says. See, it doesn't hurt to keep calling. I guess, it is like fishing, you just have to keep casting. You are bound to hook one that will be of great help. KUDOS to RANXOREN and JAVATYGER for their huge help.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I didnt do much this time but again i would like to thank javatyger for representing our company so much its thanks to reps like him that we avoid PR nightmares that make my life a nightmare lol.

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    should have got a bold, i just picked one up today. love it

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    lol 360challenge, irrelevant but congratulations

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    The bold looks nice but it's too big for me. The 8900 is like a smaller version of the Bold but still keeps that Curve shape. I love it. Well I'll love my new one when I get it.

I'm a girl...girls usually go for the Curve or the Pearl.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    so youre calling me a girl ? haha jk i get your point tho

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Yeah, I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems you had with both the Rogers retail store your bf purchased the device from, and the 8900 itself. I do seriously feel for you, as I work for a Rogers retail store here, and also own the 8900. I love my device and it has had the best out of box experience since day one, and I would never trade it for anything; except in your case, a 8900 that works.

Now, saying that, the exchange policy (as I hope is at other locations) is within 30 days, you can exchange for the exact same device, so a straight over the counter (OTC) exchange. The rep you were dealing with in the store should have apologized for the all the problems that you faced and happily replaced the unit. I would seriously talk to the manager of that location and let them know everything that has happened to you. I hope you got it replaced...or will tomorrow.

Now, from working in technical support for a long time and customer service, I feel for the agents that had to take care of this; it is very hard try and determine hardware issues, unless of course we can see it happening ourselves. Most reps will never assume it's your device first, and will pass the buck the router rep next as they don't want to deal with it. But again, what can a customer service rep do other then say I'm sorry and refer you to someone else? At least they reprogrammed your SIM for you.

Anyways, go back to that store, complain to the Manager and the sales person that sold it to your bf, and get that unit replaced ASAP, before the 30 day time period. IF you wait until after the 30 day OTC time period, then tech support is going to send you a refurb replacement unit instead. Not cool. So get that thing replaced. Again, on behalf of sales reps, sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience, and I hope the future experience are better between you and Rogers, and with the Javalin.

no 3G? why not....stupid rogers!
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What do you mean stupid rogers ?
    The 8900 is not a 3G phone so why would there be 3G ?
    Also the decision to include 3G or not is not up to Rogers but up to RIM.

Please explain your post.

Thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast