Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

CAN I JUST VENT ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH ME AND HOW MY SITUATION WAS HANDLED...... ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down My VENT with ROGERS and my 8900

Advertisement

CAN I JUST VENT ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH ME AND HOW MY SITUATION WAS HANDLED......

I'm sorry ranxoren...you probably get this a lot.....

So the second time I call Rogers technical support for help....I explained to the rep two issues I'm experiencing with my 8900. 1. the wi-fi. 2. the battery.

So what the guy tells me is that it may be a software issue. So what I should try doing first is re-installing the software and that might fix it. Because that would be like reinstalling Windows on a PC. Clean fresh start with no bugs or errors. Okay so I did that. I'm still having problems with the wi-fi and the battery. In fact as the time progressed, the battery performance seemed to decrease. So I called tech support again and he admits okay then it IS hardware issue, and his exact words, "We will have to replace the unit with a new one." So he tells me that I'd have to go to the original Rogers store where it was purchased from to get the unit replaced.

So on Monday I go to the Rogers store.....let me add that this store is COMPLETELY out of my way and the only reason it was purchased there was because it was a gift from my bf and that was the location where he got it from just because he was there at that particular time. So I had to make "special time" to make the trip there, all to reduce the problems that I'm having with my brand new beloved 8900. I explained the whole detailed story about what I talked about with technical support, the steps that I went through with them, and how I ended up there. The rep asked me what my data plan was. I told him that should not be relevant but he asked again. So I told him "the 6GB data plan." So he says "So why do you even need wi-fi, there is no close possible way that you'll even come close to 6GB." I told him that that wasn't the point. The point was there's a defect in the hardware that the tech rep admitted and that I was there at that particular moment to have that resolved. So what if I'm never going to come close to even 1GB??? My conscience will ALWAYS be aware that there's a little technical hardware issue with my so-called brand new phone.

So I tell him whatever....what about the battery issue. He said "there's nothing wrong with your phone." I repeated my daily use of the phone....apps I have running (email, BB msngr, weather...THATS IT), how I send 1 text message and make 2 phone calls that are like a minute each, the backlight setting is set to the LOWEST, and after complete full charge, I'm sitting at 20% at the end of the day. How is there nothing wrong with the phone???? I did waaaaaaaay more with my Curve 8310 and I charged that phone not more than 2 times a week. I told him instead of an upgrade, I feel like I downgraded.

He pulled his phone out (HTC Touch), told me his phone is the same. He then asks me "how often do you charge your phone" I tell him every damn night for like 10+ hours....DUH THE BATTERY'S DRAINED. Okay I didn't say "duh" nor did I raise my voice with angry words....I was pretty polite actually. Too polite. Because he then tells me that 10 hours a night of charging is just not enough. He starts telling me that he has to leave his phone on the charger all day to get it's max usage. I'm just looking at him like like....wtf does his ugly HTC have to do with my 8900. Point #1, I don't care how much he uses his phone, that's his business. Obviously if he uses his phone 24/7 for browsing, txting, msging, talking...OF COURSE HIS BATTERY WILL DRAIN. Point #2, my phone is BRAND NEW and the battery is already DYING. I repeated to him again "I do NOT do ANYTHING with my PHONE and the battery DRAINS DRASTICALLY." He tells me again "There's nothing wrong with your phone."

So after I realized that I was totally wasting my time and that I wasn't going to get anything out of him, I angrily went home and called technical support, yet again, and explained to them EXACTLY what happened. He told me that the situation SHOULD NOT have happened, that the sales rep had no right to dishonor the exchange, and that I should've called technical support right away while I was still there so that they would have enforced him to give me a new phone.

...SIGH........

I'm sorry but this story is no where near finished.....

The tech rep asks me if I'm using the new SIM card that was provided with the phone or if I'm using my old one. Of course I'm using the old one. He tells me to put in the new one...because it MAY be the cause of the battery drain. He said it's like running an old engine on a new car. Because it's an old SIM card, the network is trying to catch up with this brand new device that has all these new softwares and technologies installed on it and what not. Well the way he put it made sense to me so I decided to take his advice. However he couldn't switch my account over to the new SIM card for some reason...he then tells me that I'd have to call Customer Care to do it. Why? I don't know. Although he does admit (of course yet again) that the wi-fi was a hardware defect, because we went through these steps to figure out if it's my home router or if it's my hardware....and it turned out to be the hardware. So he said before sending me a new phone, I should at least try to see if we can still resolve the battery issue with the SIM card switch. Then report to them about what happened to me at the Rogers Store.

So I called Customer Care....the girl sounds like a newb (no offense)....well actually she admits to me "Sorry, today's my first day...." and I'm like "oh God....what more do I need...." She gets the job done. She switches my account over to the new SIM card. Great. She asks if there's anything else she can help me with. I say "as a matter of fact....." and I repeat EVERYTHING that has happened to me in the last week. She apologizes and kept telling me to hold (she was getting help and advice from someone else). After 1 hour of discussing what I went through, she says "My advice to you is to call the number for the router and they'll go through the troubleshooting steps with you because the problem is the router..........."

.....long pause..........

my jaw drops. What a waste of time with her! I don't think she even knew what she was talking about!

So I just thanked her for her time and hung up.

I did a full 9 hour charge with the device off and the new SIM card inserted. I turn on the device. I did a "Wipe Handheld" and another software re-installation. After 4 hours of no apps running (disabled data completely), and absolutely not touching the phone, the battery was at 55%.

I just honestly don't know how much more bs I can put up with. And you know what the worst part is??? I put my SIM card back into my old Curve. The 8900 is just giving me a blasted headache.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would keep calling back until you get a rep who knows what is going on. Or demand to talk to retentions and tell them everything and then mention that if nothing is done, you're out the door and not paying anything for their disrespect. See if they bend over backwards to get you that new phone or keep you as a customer.

I had a similar issue with T-Mo a few years ago but it was billing. A threat to walk and a few faxes later, they resolved the issue and credited my account.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    If you read the other post on here, titled Rogers suck, you would pretty much get the same story with my device. Well not in the same way by the handling of the matter with Rogers. I guess I am not the only one that has the same issue with dealing with Customer Service at Rogers. It seems as if they don't know what they are talking about and that the best solution is to blame something else other than them. In your case, the router and how it is not functioning properly. What you can do is that you can call Customer ( Don't ) Care and say that you want to cancel the line. And only say that you only want to speak to no one else but them. Don't let them suckered you into dealing with a CS as you will get more frustration. Been there before. Other than that, I would go back to the store and have the unit exchanged if you are in your 30 period. Tell them that the piece is not working and you want a new one. Hopefully this helps you a bit.

I know krosli I saw your post....and I originally began posting my vent in there but then I realized how long it was getting so I started my own hate thread...lol.
    ..miz melly jelly™..

TwitterGoogle+

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Switch to bell!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sorry to hear of those issues. Yeah I agree tje 8900 batt life is nothing copared to the 8320. Honestly it well......sucks. Hope you get this resolved soon. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SDU_Eric no está en línea Stack level 3
    ok battery drain can be due to firmware issue since this is a new device, so maybe power management is not done properly (just like the iPhone when it was first launched.) Have you try updating with some other newer firmwares that are not Rogers authorized?

Anyhow since the wifi issue is deemed to be a hardware issue why don't you speak with the store manager and work things out?

I have not done much research on the 8900 as I have a Bold on Rogers and my battery last me 3 days with one charge. Good luck on getting a 8900, that phone is just sexy!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Honestly after reading all this I would only recommend demanding a return within the 30 days grace period if they dont want to do an exchange.

Sorry for the short answer I am headed to bed right now I will elaborate more tomorrow I just wanted to acknowledge you.

And don't worry It is MY pleasure to help out stackers when I can.

Cheers

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Honestly after reading all this I would only recommend demanding a return within the 30 days grace period if they dont want to do an exchange.

Sorry for the short answer I am headed to bed right now I will elaborate more tomorrow I just wanted to acknowledge you.

And don't worry It is MY pleasure to help out stackers when I can.

Cheers

Hey Hey!

We want answers not excuses! LOL

Just Kidding Sleep tight LOL

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    Oi... what a story; although vaguely familiar. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) my issue was over the price of my 8900, not an actual issue with the device. I'll save that discussion for another day, but regardless, between 2 reps, 3 customer care people and 2 tech's, I still ended up paying too much for the upgrade...

As for the battery life; I'm connected to wifi almost constantly, and I read a lot of email on the phone. I barely use the actual phone part (300 minutes a month, perhaps?), and my battery is anywhere between 55 and 85% by end of the night.

I also have bluetooth on constantly, as it connects with my dock-n-talk when I'm at home. If it seriously drained my battery, I'd turn it off when not at home, but it seems to be better than my old Treo in that respect.

Other applications? Not much. Too busy working or just not using the device. I love it overall, but still see room for improvement on the software side at least. Hardware-wise, it's the first device I've found that meets everything I have wanted in a phone... ever.

If I turned off wifi and bluetooth, I'm sure I'd have more battery life, but I'm ok with the amount I get right now. So perhaps your issue is a firmware and / or software issue... sorry to hear that Rogers is being such a pain; even if they may be better than the other Canadian carriers, they're still not great by any means.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I'm sorry to hear this, mizmellyjelly

The unfortunate _truth_ is we could replace Rogers as the carrier with:

T-Mobile
    AT&T
    Verizon
    Sprint
    Etc...

As every carrier has done this to their customers at one time or another. It's just the way the industry is. I've heard stories that are nearly exactly the same as this over & over. The level of frustration as a customer is something I too have experienced. The cost to the customer in time & money is absurd.

~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

wow.....and i mean wow did you guys actually read the entire story off from you blackberry? lol That's a lot of scrolling and squinting.
    ..miz melly jelly™..

TwitterGoogle+

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    wow.....and i mean wow did you guys actually read the entire story off from you blackberry? lol That's a lot of scrolling and squinting.
    Yes I did...lol, you said it best, I'm a BB romantic....too funny

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    All I can say is that recital was precious, poignant, and concerning...

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Yeah, I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems you had with both the Rogers retail store your bf purchased the device from, and the 8900 itself. I do seriously feel for you, as I work for a Rogers retail store here, and also own the 8900. I love my device and it has had the best out of box experience since day one, and I would never trade it for anything; except in your case, a 8900 that works.

Now, saying that, the exchange policy (as I hope is at other locations) is within 30 days, you can exchange for the exact same device, so a straight over the counter (OTC) exchange. The rep you were dealing with in the store should have apologized for the all the problems that you faced and happily replaced the unit. I would seriously talk to the manager of that location and let them know everything that has happened to you. I hope you got it replaced...or will tomorrow.

Now, from working in technical support for a long time and customer service, I feel for the agents that had to take care of this; it is very hard try and determine hardware issues, unless of course we can see it happening ourselves. Most reps will never assume it's your device first, and will pass the buck the router rep next as they don't want to deal with it. But again, what can a customer service rep do other then say I'm sorry and refer you to someone else? At least they reprogrammed your SIM for you.

Anyways, go back to that store, complain to the Manager and the sales person that sold it to your bf, and get that unit replaced ASAP, before the 30 day time period. IF you wait until after the 30 day OTC time period, then tech support is going to send you a refurb replacement unit instead. Not cool. So get that thing replaced. Again, on behalf of sales reps, sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience, and I hope the future experience are better between you and Rogers, and with the Javalin.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast