Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by lcgtr The lcd wave doesn't really bother me cuz its like every ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    The lcd wave doesn't really bother me cuz its like every other lcd especially on cameras when your press down and release your finger on the screen, has a blur. But good luck with your phone! Every bb user should be a happy bb user.
    No. You're totally not getting the problem we are referring to. Read carefully. Of course any lcd when you place direct pressure ON THE SCREEN itself it will do the ripple effect, obviously. This is how LCD's function and is normal... BUT what we are referring to is a design flaw/manufacturer defect when we PRESS or TOUCH the END KEY and NOT THE screen... it does the ripple effect JUST AS IF you touched the SCREEN with your finger, BUT instead we are touching ONLY the key and NOT the screen. Big difference. There appears to be contact being made with the key bottom and the LCD.

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I, too, am having the same ripple effect but its not that noticeable unless it is at an angle. Should I take it back? I only had it for 3 days.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffNNJ View Post
    The only problem I have is the about 20% of the time I am unable to press the alt/any other key at the same time. Kind of annoying.
    No need to press the 2 keys at once just press the alt key, then press any other key. Works for me with 1 hand typing.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

msvoluptous no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey I saw this on Crackberry too, I hope that you get your phone situation together. I might have been blessed I don't have ANY problems with my phone none whatsoever.

msvoluptous no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Yidy, these are mass-produced electronic devices. Chances are good that you will get a perfectly good device.

I have only returned ONE of the dozens of BB's I have owned over the years. If you are unfortunate enough to get a defective device, send it back. It's all you can do. I have seen and heard nasty stories about defective Bolds, Curves, iPhones, etc etc etc.

Don't worry about your device until it is in your hands. It would be a shame to cancel an order for a device I know you are going to love just because someone got a lemon.

Let us know how it is when you get it.

I agree with you 100%! You cannot worry about things you have no control over only worry about the things that you do have control over . My device is perfect and Thank God I don't have any issues at all.

waterwerks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ACA370
    the "END" key?? are you referencing the red key on the phone in the upper right portion of the keyboard? Is this "ripple" really affecting your phone that much that you need to be blowing through 4 of them?? I guess I don't see the big deal...I could understand if this "defect" was causing you to loose calls or you were not able to place/make calls with the phone but just because it is causing this ripple on the LCD...your actually wasting the time to return the handset? Your serious about your phone aren't you...I could see if it was a high end camera and you were loosing money because the image that the camera was taking was distorted...but we are talking about a phone....used to talk to people....and read e-mail!

I guess I'm just missing your issue and the fact that my phone does what it's designed to do which is make calls, surf the net and msg my pals...get a grip and just deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by waterwerks View Post
    the "END" key?? are you referencing the red key on the phone in the upper right portion of the keyboard? Is this "ripple" really affecting your phone that much that you need to be blowing through 4 of them?? I guess I don't see the big deal...I could understand if this "defect" was causing you to loose calls or you were not able to place/make calls with the phone but just because it is causing this ripple on the LCD...your actually wasting the time to return the handset? Your serious about your phone aren't you...I could see if it was a high end camera and you were loosing money because the image that the camera was taking was distorted...but we are talking about a phone....used to talk to people....and read e-mail!

I guess I'm just missing your issue and the fact that my phone does what it's designed to do which is make calls, surf the net and msg my pals...get a grip and just deal with it!!
    Your solution is to 'deal' with a defect. The seriousness or severity of the defect is your threshhold for returning a device. Smart. When I pay money for ANY product, I expect it to work how it is intended and to be build how it should be, irregardless of the degree of the defect.

That's like saying, my brand new Porsche has a fairly small but noticable gash on the side of the door.... but hey, it doesn't affect the cars ability to drive, so I won't exchange it for properly painted one for the exact same amount of money, but I will live with it because, in the end the car still drives the same doesn't it? That seems silly to me.

I have my 14 days to get a WORKING phone up to anyone's standard. I shouldn't have to settle for a minor flaw just because. Why would I? If I don't get a new working one within the 14 days, I will cancel my current upgrade and reupgrade.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bofeity View Post
    I have my 14 days to get a WORKING phone up to anyone's standard. I shouldn't have to settle for a minor flaw just because. Why would I? If I don't get a new working one within the 14 days, I will cancel my current upgrade and reupgrade.
    Dude, you're ranting on several BB forums about all your troubles with your 4 phones yadda yadda. Just believe that some of us don't see the stuff you are seeing (whatever the "ripple effect" is), that our phones seem fine, and that maybe this Bud's just not for you.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

curvin300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I totaly agree u shouldn't settle for less. I see that ripple thing and just about to check for myself if the rest in the store is also like that. If not, I get a new one, if it is I keep mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bofeity View Post
    I am now on my 4th defective 8900 since my first one on the 11th last week.

Here is the list of problems:

1) First phone was great except pixel issue on camera viewer (not dead pixel, but rendering error, which would also leave the 2 specks on images as well).

2) Very bad pixel ripple effect when pressing the END KEY (not screen!)

3) Camera lens was scratched (apparently, the coating on the lens was coming off?)

4) The end key was placed incorrectly on the keyboard. It was angled down into the keypad at the top and thus was at an angle not level with the other keys... very strange. The store rep said, "wow what happened here?" It still worked but made it look damaged and very much 'broke' (keeping in mind resale value later down the road).

The last 3 were from production date: 060209. The first 1 was 160109. I am going to wait until the stores get a new batch and then try again hopefully with a better outcome.

My conclusions: All of the phones (mine and display models) have a slight (usually not noticeable unless you try hard) ripple effect when pressing the end key. Perhaps the 060209 batch (line 22) were bad? All of the phones also appear have a slightly wobbly keyboard (some less than others). And we all know about the vibrate (which could possibly be fixed with an OS update) and the battery door.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    Dude, you're ranting on several BB forums about all your troubles with your 4 phones yadda yadda. Just believe that some of us don't see the stuff you are seeing (whatever the "ripple effect" is), that our phones seem fine, and that maybe this Bud's just not for you.
    You guys are silly. Take it from me, the guy who has had MORE phones than you and take it that I CAN SEE a difference. How many phones have you trialed? My take is you are too happy with the phone itself that you are overlooking issues that you shouldn't be. The ripple effect is now known and not just speculation. It is a design flaw on a few batches, it appears. On the other hand, if your phone 'seems' fine, then hey, more power to ya.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Wow shocking to hear so many ppl with problems. I haven't come across any of these issues so far.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    I got mine but I'm not gonna worry about the tiny ripple I have when I press the end key pretty hard. It only sends a ripple on the corner, not the whole screen. Because so far this phone that I have is really good and don't want to risk trading it in for something that could be way worse. Just maybe try to be gentle with it, or show us a video of what you see, so we can get a better idea of what's going on.

I got mine but I'm not gonna worry about the tiny ripple I have when I press the end key pretty hard. It only sends a ripple on the corner, not the whole screen. Because so far this phone that I have is really good and don't want to risk trading it in for something that could be way worse. Just maybe try to be gentle with it, or show us a video of what you see, so we can get a better idea of what's going on.
    Look at the disassembly on youtube. Apparently some framing is missing on the bottom left of the screen / near the end key. The ripple has been variable in intensity on the phones I have seen from the production date 060209. I think it has to do with a lack of some sort of framework around that part of the LCD and the end key. So in effect, when you press the END key, it is as if you're touching the lcd, so obviously it won't be through the entire screen, because that's not how it works when you press ANY LCD (i.e. your LCD monitor).

I think many people that have the issue, don't think it is an issue, and/or don't notice it. Which leads to underreporting. But I have had 3 phones so far that did it, along with 2 display models and a store rep who had it who didn't even know it was there until I pointed it out.

I wouldn't care for it UNLESS I knew each and every phone was that way, then I would have no choice... but apparently people are saying theirs doesn't have any issues so I will get one that doesn't.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Plus if you press on the left side of the screen it does the same thing. Its all about pressure.

Plus if you press on the left side of the screen it does the same thing. Its all about pressure.
    Yeah appears so. But apparently, ppl have ones that don't do any of these such things. I will be convinced if my next one of a different production date will have the same LCD issues, then i'll just stick with that one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast