Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am now on my 4th defective 8900 since my first one on the 11th ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3

My (terrible) 8900 story...

Advertisement

I am now on my 4th defective 8900 since my first one on the 11th last week.

Here is the list of problems:

1) First phone was great except pixel issue on camera viewer (not dead pixel, but rendering error, which would also leave the 2 specks on images as well).

2) Very bad pixel ripple effect when pressing the END KEY (not screen!)

3) Camera lens was scratched (apparently, the coating on the lens was coming off?)

4) The end key was placed incorrectly on the keyboard. It was angled down into the keypad at the top and thus was at an angle not level with the other keys... very strange. The store rep said, "wow what happened here?" It still worked but made it look damaged and very much 'broke' (keeping in mind resale value later down the road).

The last 3 were from production date: 060209. The first 1 was 160109. I am going to wait until the stores get a new batch and then try again hopefully with a better outcome.

My conclusions: All of the phones (mine and display models) have a slight (usually not noticeable unless you try hard) ripple effect when pressing the end key. Perhaps the 060209 batch (line 22) were bad? All of the phones also appear have a slightly wobbly keyboard (some less than others). And we all know about the vibrate (which could possibly be fixed with an OS update) and the battery door.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow, so sorry to hear about that. Hope you can finally get a defect-free one and really start enjoying the phone.

~via smartphone~

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    Yeah definetly. I had mine preordered and its been perfect. No problems with the camera, the end key is fine. I'm sorry your having problems, hopefully it was just a bad batch.
    ~via smartphone~

in4am0spun no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    the only real prob I have is when pressing the call/menu/back/end keys... I just have a ripple effect on the lcd... doesnt bother me all that much but since it's happening to every1 else, I just shrug my shoulders off

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Wow... Dude, I hope you get this all worked out. The 8900 is an awesome phone. I did have a problem with my END key, but byt the time I got around to taking it in, it had settled back to where it belonged.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Wow... Dude, I hope you get this all worked out. The 8900 is an awesome phone. I did have a problem with my END key, but byt the time I got around to taking it in, it had settled back to where it belonged.
    What was wrong with your end key?

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by bofeity View Post
    What was wrong with your end key?
    It wasn't seated properly. But the next time I used it I heard a click and it seemed to be seated fine after them. Almost like when keys on a laptop pop up.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its crazy hearing all these stories about defective phones, I hope you get that straightned out and a complete working one.
    ~via smartphone~

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Knock Knock, no problems so far, just YouTube doesn't work after I upgraded to OS 4.6.1.152
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

Yidy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ad026e
    Owwww I'm getting mine on Tuesday I paid already 4 it I paid full price I'm Thinking of backing off is it that bad??? Is it worth the $500??
    ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Yidy, these are mass-produced electronic devices. Chances are good that you will get a perfectly good device.

I have only returned ONE of the dozens of BB's I have owned over the years. If you are unfortunate enough to get a defective device, send it back. It's all you can do. I have seen and heard nasty stories about defective Bolds, Curves, iPhones, etc etc etc.

Don't worry about your device until it is in your hands. It would be a shame to cancel an order for a device I know you are going to love just because someone got a lemon.

Let us know how it is when you get it.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Dang that's a bad run! Sounds like a very accelerated version of Archer's Bold story. Lol.

Best of luck with the next one. ;-)

~ sent with Krik's Bold ~

Quote Originally Posted by Yidy View Post
    Owwww I'm getting mine on Tuesday I paid already 4 it I paid full price I'm Thinking of backing off is it that bad??? Is it worth the $500??
    ~via smartphone~
    No way. Just wait for it and THEN see. I am sure yours will be great.

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only problem I have is the about 20% of the time I am unable to press the alt/any other key at the same time. Kind of annoying.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    The lcd wave doesn't really bother me cuz its like every other lcd especially on cameras when your press down and release your finger on the screen, has a blur. But good luck with your phone! Every bb user should be a happy bb user.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast