So i live in ft.lauderdale florida and like the rest of you i was so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kenlundy17 no está en línea Stack level 1

My Story

Advertisement

So i live in ft.lauderdale florida and like the rest of you i was so excited i could barely sleep. so time finally came and i hit the road to best buy to get the best buy since they were offering it for 149. i get there and they say no we dont have it. so i drive to another store 10 miles away like they suggested. Get there and they said that they only have the dummy model. so i was like ok and left and passed by 3 tmobile authorized stores that didnt have it. so of course you know by now spending an hour and a half burning gas i was pissed. so i passed by 3 more places that sell or i thought would sell tmobile phones and none of them had it either. altogether driving just about 20 miles around town i came out with nothing. so i came home and went to crackberry.com seen that amazon had it and ended up buying it for 166 (149+next day air) plus a 100 dollar rebate which will bring it to 66 after mailing it in. guess it was meant for me to get it the cheapest. now i just have to wait 24 more hours.:cry:

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    wowwww
    thats pretty freakin sweet i must admit
    hope you enjoy your new curvee
    i just picked mine up 30 min ago
    trust me you will enjoy it
    Titanium 8900
    PIN: 24AA7EFA

Past Devices:
    8100, 8800, 8320

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via smartphone~
    Thank you for writing about your trials and tribulations. At least the price offsets cost of gas! What's the link to that Amazon deal? And be sure and post your thoughts after using that beautiful new 8900 a little while

PIN/ID
    AskMe

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Great story. But thanks to folks like you I woke up to 8900 and Storm theme requests

Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3
    Please do let us know if you get it and post a picture too.
    Your story was great!

jawbrkr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Aren't those amazon phones unlocked phones from a different carrier? Unlocked phones from other carriers don't always have the full functionality. Let us know if everything on it works for you.
    मुझे इस बात की और हमेशा की जा!

thanx for the responses guys seems like since tmobile has to go through a credit check that i'd be getting it on friday instead but still i'll take pictures and all and might "black it out". still thinking though the classic look might win me over.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Wow, that is some serious determination!

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Today was divine intervention.... I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get it today and after reading all the stories of how some stores only having 5 made me think that I would have to wait. I left work a little early to run to the bank (today was payday) but before I left I called the T-Mo store to ask the availability of the 8900's. The hot chick at the T-Mo store (Kelly) told me "we have 4 remaining".

I then asked if the store was crowded or was it busy. She said it was fairly busy
    but no one in here is buying the Curve. Cool, I thought... Then she asked, "Did you want me to hold that for you??" I said, will you do that??? She said sure, how long will you be?? I told her about 20-25 mins. She said ok and hung up.

My wife met me there and Kelly (T-Mo Rep) told my wife that some guy just called and wanted 3 of them and is on his way WOW!! What a turn of events. What luck. I love my phone!!
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 02-11-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    Today was divine intervention.... I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get it today and after reading all the stories of how some stores only having 5 made me think that I would have to wait. I left work a little early to run to the bank (today was payday) but before I left I called the T-Mo store to ask the availability of the 8900's. The hot chick at the T-Mo store (Kelly) told me "we have 4 remaining".

I then asked if the store was crowded or was it busy. She said it was fairly busy
    but no one in here is buying the Curve. Cool, I thought... Then she asked, "Did you want me to hold that for you??" I said, will you do that??? She said sure, how long will you be?? I told her about 20-25 mins. She said ok and hung up.

My wife met me there and Kelly (T-Mo Rep) told my wife that some guy just called and wanted 3 of them and is on his way WOW!! What a turn of events. What luck. I love my phone!!
    what a turn of events indeed! roll the trackball for me one time since i will have to wait a little. lol.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I will indeed my friend