So last night I tried to upgrade my 8900 and it just froze on the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hoyitsjames no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AA6DA9

My solution to upgrading on Windows 7

Advertisement

So last night I tried to upgrade my 8900 and it just froze on the RAM uploading thing. I tried it again this morning to confirm this and it still didn't work. After searching around I read that Windows 7 is the issue...but there is a way around it.

• You need to change your power settings. Depending on which plan you're using, in this case my laptop is on the plan Power Saver, edit those settings.
    • Next, click change advanced power settings
    • Then, USB settings-> USB selective suspend settings->disable both "on battery" and "plugged in" options.

After that you should be good to go, as you can see in the background of it working on my screen shot.

Don't forget to delete the vendor.xml file. Also, I used the loader app in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\App Loader\

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Wow i had NOTHING to do to use my DM and 8900 on Win7
    and it works flawlessly

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Hmm... Didn't know that... Thanks for the input...

~via smartphone~

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Some laptops have cmos settings for powersaving defaults dependant on the brand, These settings can override Windows settings during install.. So not all laptops will be like this.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

hoyitsjames no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AA6DA9
    Yeah I have a Compaq V6500 laptop. I found the solution from the crackberry forums and the user had a different Compaq laptop... So if anybody else has a Compaq laptop with Windows 7 beta let us know...

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I think that screenie is a lillll to big lol. I never even had a chance to install my Windows 7 yet but...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    its funny that after i looked into this, the only computers that didnt need any tweaks on windows7 to get things running smoothly are macs haha.
    My Aluminum MBP makes it run better than my friends' PCs.